Data Centre Operations Engineer - Doxford
We currently have an excellent opportunity as a Data Centre Operations Engineer to join a highly technical team who provide operational and infrastructure support within a large datacentre in Doxford.
This role is subject to shift work, you will work as part of a team that cover 24 hrs x 7 days a week, the shift pattern is 4 days on a set of shifts (mornings 07:00-19:00, nights 19:00-07:00) and then 4 days off.
SC clearance is also a requirement for this position and is highly advantageous if you already have it. However we can help the Data Centre Engineer achieve this once started with the business.
Key Responsibilities –
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following tasks and areas:
- Media Management
- Media audits
- Permit to Work and Fast Track approval
- Escorting DC visitors
- Key management (racks and specific areas require keys to gain access to them and these keys need to be managed with third parties that require access)
- Equipment asset tagging
- Electronic asset updates via DOMS (electronic asset management system)
- Asset auditing via DOMS
- Equipment Installation and decommissioning work
- Reporting of inappropriate behavior or breach of DC rules (may mean removal of staff from site via security)
- Electronic recording of goods received via goods in and signing for goods when received (via DOMS)
- Electronic recording of goods being shipped out, receipts must be obtained from the carrier (via DOMS)
- Electronic recording of goods being issued to staff or engineers etc (via DOMS)
Essential Skills –
- Basic understanding of IT operations in a big organization
- Strong loyalty with regard to data and DC facility security
- Flexibility and willingness to cope with unexpected problems and situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to understand and clarify customer expectations effectively
- Capacity to manage customer expectations and interactions effectively
- Basic understanding of server hardware (console, devices…)
- Ability to handle various types of media, devices and libraries
- Generic media knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office environment and general PC hardware
- Basic understanding of Networking
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960130647