Emissions Testing Technician
Emissions Testing Technician - Royston, Herts - Circa £31,000 (inc. shift allowance)
An Autocatalyst may not be something we are all familiar with with but if you own a vehicle, the chances are that you have one of these in your vehicle. An autocatalyst is a component inside your car which is needed to help convert harmful gases into less harmful ones, resulting in more friendly emissions from your car, therefore protecting our environment.
Our client is a FTSE 100 organisation, and they are a leading manufacturer of Autocatalysts, operating on a global scale. Their position in the market is so strong that approximately one third of passenger vehicles are fitted with any autocatalyst which has been supplied by our client which demonstrates just how much they are flourishing within this particular market.
About the Role
At this time, our client has a requirement for a Shift Technician to join the Emissions Testing team based in Royston. The nature of this role will be to work on a Lates, Earlys, and Nights shift pattern. The main purpose of your role will be to work on state of the art testing rigs, to assess the functionality of automotive emission control products which have been produced by the business.
- Preparare test samples, and supervise Synthetic Catalyst Activity Tests (SCAT) of emissions control products which have been produced by the business.
- Review testing data to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Conduct maintenance work on testing rigs, identifying and resolving any faults with the rigs as appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Ideally a vocational qualification in a Scientific/Engineering discipline.
- Hands-on practical experience within an industrial Laboratory/Manufacturing environment with mechanical capabilities.
- Good IT skills - ideally Excel experience.
- Ability to work proactively, and as part of a team.
If this sounds like it could be the role for you then why not apply? Otherwise please call Jack Burgess on ************* or email me at ***************************** if you wish to find out more.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126335