IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst - Technical Security - Leeds
A key position for an established IT Security Professional, looking to take on more responsibility and have more influence across an organisation.
Technical Security Analyst - 35-45k
This is a key position working alongside the IT Infrastructure division to provide IT Security to Business as Usual, project and other change-related activities
You will be responsible for you will review all aspects of the IT environment and its components. This role shall be responsible for gathering requirements, designing and implementing enterprise-wide solutions.
- Co-ordinate, measure and report on the technical aspects of security
- Identifying security non conformities, patching or reconfiguring systems to resolve issues and building and testing new security
- Design, co-ordinate and manage security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified
- Recommend and co-ordinate the implementation of technical controls to support and enforce defined security
- Manage the process of gathering, analysing and assessing the current and future threat landscape, as well as providing the IT Director with a realistic overview of risks and threats in the enterprise
- Technology Infrastructure Assessments for new, changed and existing systems in accordance with Security Policies, Standards, and Procedures
- Definition and development of security control designs including those required to support external regulations
- Consult with IT and security staff to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications and
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend or plan the implementation of new or updated information security hardware or software and analyse its impact on the existing environment; provide technical and managerial expertise for the administration of security
- Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual
Key Skills and Requirements
- Good understanding of security testing principles, including experience of penetration testing, identifying, resolving and reporting
- Technical security experience with the following - Microsoft core OS; Networking; Security operations; Penetration testing/Security Auditing; Forensics; Security
- Technical expertise of Cisco security products, specifically ASA firewalls, AnyConnect, VPN and clientless
- A good understanding of normal network infrastructure such as VPNs, firewalls, switches, routers, LANs
- Experience of technical vulnerability management processing and ability to engage with projects and provide information security awareness and to raise compliance requirements within projects and operational
- Experienced Cisco Administrator (CCNA Security)
- Demonstrable experience in an IT Security, technical or advisory role
Ideal Personal Profile
This company is looking for a confident and collaborative individual, who is both knowledgeable and capable of representing technical security requirements. Someone passionate about their own development will do well in this organisation.
Are you the person we're looking for?
Interviews are taking place immediately, send a CV ASAP to or to find out more call
Leeds, West Yorkshire,
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960130080