Applications Engineering Team Leader
Applications Engineering Team Leader
Location: Oxfordshire, Banbury, Aylesbury, Bicester, Chipping Norton
Salary: 50k Circa
Bonus 15% OTE (up to 1.5 times max)
Private Personal Pension
Health Shield Cash plan
My client develops and manufactures components and system solutions for electrical and optical transportation of data and energy including; cables, connectors, cable systems, and antennas. They operate in a variety of industries including; Communication, Transportation and Industrial markets.
In line with overall Company objectives and policies, direct, manage and develop business across the defined industry sector and across the entire Company portfolio. Prime objective is to grow sales, develop long term business/customer relationships and provide input/support to wider corporate initiatives.
Summary of main purpose of this job:
Manage and control the internal functions of Applications Engineering, including direct technical support to customers, Estimating, Process and Drawing Control to ensure the Engineering delivers to Operations, Sales and Customer base cost effective, efficient production processes in line with the needs of the market so that maximum profit and sales returns can be achieved within the company defined business strategy as a world class supplier.
To provide top level technical and application support, to all areas of the company for relevant products.
To provide input into major quotations, proposals, customer line items responses and contract reviews.
To provide Technical support to Production & Production test
Main tasks and duties:
- To be aware of and manage the total departmental workload and prioritise and distribute effectively across the entire team
- To liaise with and directly support when necessary engineering functions outside the direct reporting structure
- To Liaise with other department managers with in NEU and Switzerland to seek support in workload overflow situations
- To ensure that efficient, cost effective production processes are in place to support manufacturing operations.
- To ensure that efficient, cost effective production test processes are in place to support manufacturing operations
- To ensure that an efficient quotation and costs estimation process exists to support the internal activity of the sales team.
- To ensure, all cost estimation tools are fully supported, accurate and up to date at all times
- To ensure that an efficient router generation system is in place to provide full, accurate manufacturing information.
- To ensure that accurate, up to date, timings for all operations are included in the manufacturing router system.
- To ensure that all internal processes are supported with process documents, work instructions and workmanship standards as appropriate.
- To ensure that a drawing control system is in place that meets the needs of the company and is in line with BS / ISO standards.
- Where necessary work with operations to ensure that all production tooling, jigs and fixtures are maintained in line with the needs of manufacturing.
- Where necessary work with operations to implement ongoing cost reduction programs within engineering, focusing on process improvement, cycle time reduction and automated processes.
- To ensure the provision of appropriate product application to the sales team as required.
- To liaise with other manufacturing sites world-wide to implement common production
- processes and standards in line with customer needs and the company strategy as a world class global supplier.
- To identify the training requirements of the engineering group to meet both personal development and the needs of the company.
- To conduct regular self-audits in line with BS / ISO standards.
- To ensure that all company policies are upheld within the engineering department at all times.
- To provide top level technical and application support, externally to customers and internally to all areas of the company for relevant products.
- To provide input into major quotations, proposals, customer line items responses and contract reviews utilising appropriate GMS processes.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures and policies.
- Design Input into system solutions/NSI's
- 3D Modelling capability, Creo, Catia or Solidworks
- Practical hands on approach to engineering
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
Essential requirements of skills, experience, physical requirements etc:
- Detailed experience of managing Application Engineering teams
- Leadership and management skills
- Able to develop and train teams to secure the highest level of customer experience
- Computer Literacy of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in production, test and applications engineering
- Catia, Creo or Solid works design Software
To apply for this role please submit an up to date CV or contact Aspect Resources on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129167