I am presenting this fantastic opportunity for a Process Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer to with a results-focused Company that supplies parts and components used in a variety of applications to some of the most recognised Companies in the aerospace and automotive industries.
As process Engineer you will play an integral part in driving lean/ continuous improvement across existing processes, facilities and tooling-striving for "best in class" performance whilst continually striving to gain significant technical and commercial advantage over competitors.
Your remit will be to identify and implement improvements within the business to include:
- Reduce direct and indirect manufacturing costs
- Utilise tools to improve process capability (Six Sigma/ Kaizen etc.)
- Develop and implement all visual management within manufacturing cells.
- Monitor and improve service level to customers, both OTIF and responsiveness.
- Play an active role in H&S, targeted to achieve targeted zero accidents.
- Oversee and monitor all NDT activities incorporating communication with NDT service providers and taking an active involvement in the design, provision, improvement and maintenance of new and existing NDT facilities.
Typically the above will incorporate NPI and associated APQP, feasibility and quotation, product development, tooling (design, specification, development & implementation of all tooling, jigs, fixtures etc.) process performance and capability, prototype builds, and production trial runs. Manufacturing process flows and charting, PFMEA, implementation of techniques, OEE, TPM , Cell Layout.
Already experienced in driving continuous improvement, you should be conversant with, and be able to implement the latest and most effective techniques, processes and equipment, to ensure ongoing improvements.
- Understanding with the ability to utilise modern techniques (e.g. FMEA, DFM, Kaizen, Six Sigma, SMED, VMS, VA/VE, OPF, Kanban, TPM).
- Ability to achieve & maintain customer specifications,
- Have the ability and knowledge of achieve OEE and budgeted cost requirements.
- Work with all H&S and environmental requirements
This is a fantastic opportunity to really make your mark and play an integral part in the on-going success of this business.
A competitive salary and benefits are on offer for this days based role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132143