Location: Bishops Stortford
Salary: Between £15,500 to £19,500 depending on experience
Are you a confident and persuasive person who can communicate with people from all walks of life? Then a Trainee Underwriter could be the right job for you! A rapidly expanding motor insurance company based in Bishops Stortford who have been trading since 1989.
So, what will you be doing as a Trainee Underwriter?
As a Trainee Underwriter you will be expected to convert car insurance policies to many clientele. No cold calling is required as the majority of their business is from customers quoting online and wanting to go ahead with their policy. A large part of this role is customer service so if you think that this environment is not for you, think again!
You will be required to collect the customer's information and find an insurance policy that is suited to them and persuade them to set up their policy using excellent packages that they offer. After full training you will be given set targets to achieve and will have constant feedback throughout the year to check how you are doing.
Day to day Trainee Underwriter role?.
The Trainee Underwriter role is not just about selling policies this role requires you to learn how to Underwrite the risk of a policy to make sure the information is correct for the customer as well as the Insurer. Over time you will gain more experience and if you put in the hard work you may then be given opportunities to arrange your own discounts on prices and even have your own scheme. There is even the chance, if you want to, to attend car shows to sell policies face to face which not only will you be paid extra for but will give you better understanding of the types of vehicles they insure.
Trainee Underwriter Key Responsibilities:
- Acquire motor underwriting knowledge
- Delivering new business targets or retaining our existing business-contributing to weekly, monthly and yearly performance of the company.
- Responsible for own case work and trained to make effective decisions within own authority level.
- Receive training to effectively handle telephone enquiries.
- Work to operational deadlines
- Work flexibly within the team in a manner that demonstrates the companies' brand values, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance
The ideal Trainee Underwriter will need the following Skills/ Knowledge
- A good standard of education required including minimum 5 GCSE passes (grades A-C) including Maths and English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise own work and manage workloads.
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately record information.
- (Desirable, but not essential) Some office experience and use of telephone in a professional context desirable.
Trainee Underwriter benefits
- We offer 25 days holiday + bank holidays per annum
- Day off on your birthday for grade 5 staff only
- Life assurance scheme
- Bonus Scheme up to £500
- Monthly prize draw for Free Parking
If you have plenty of confidence, a charming and persuasive personality then this Trainee Underwriter role will be perfect for you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960133079