Case Manager - Social Worker
Case Manager – Social Worker
Salary - £32,492 - £37,270 (inclusive of Local Weighting)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Slough Children’s Services Trust (SCST) is a new and innovative company delivering children's safeguarding and social care services in Slough. It is a challenging but highly rewarding field of work making a real and positive difference to the lives of children, young people and families and helping build the resilience, social and economic strength of the wider community.
The Youth Offending Team (YOT) is a multi agency team whose overall aim is to reduce the risk of offending and reoffending by children and young people. It is the aim of Slough YOT to engage young offenders at an early stage, and in the context of their families, so the offending behaviour can be tackled before it becomes entrenched. This is done in partnership with appropriate agencies. Slough YOT operates as part of SCST, as an independent not-for-profit company.
- You will be require to undertake assessments and supervision of young people and deliver the intervention required to assist a young person in reducing his/her offending behaviours, (balancing their welfare needs with those of the protection of the public)
- To case manage community sentences etc., contributing to the development of new programmes and projects using evidence based practice
- To provide written and oral reports to the Youth and Crown Courts and act as Court Officer
- Act as a team link with both statutory and voluntary agencies in order to devise innovative and creative strategies to prevent or reduce offending behaviour
- To undertake group and one-to-one work with young people, planning delivering, monitoring and evaluating programmes, processes and interventions to reduce offending
- At least two years' experience of working with young people and their families
- Experience of organising own workload, prioritising and ensuring work is delivered on time
- Professional qualification relevant to social care/health/education/police/probation and a record of continuous professional development
- Full driving licence with access to car on daily basis
- The post holder is required to register with HCPC and comply with national requirements
How to apply:
To apply, send a copy of your CV along with a completed application form NB: a CV alone will not be accepted as this will not meet our assessment criteria.
Deadline for submitted applications is 5pm on Tuesday, 13 February 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129396