QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer - Edinburgh.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join our growing Development practice in our Edinburgh office. The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for performing Quality Assurance and Test activities. This will involve developing and executing manual and automated tests across our product suite, which includes desktop and web applications. We're looking for an effective communicator who is comfortable discussing issues / ideas within the business and on site with clients. You will be an enthusiastic tester whose drive is continuous improvement and a focus on helping the team deliver quality products.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Demonstrable QA and Automated Test experience
- Demonstrable Software testing experience across full SDLC
- Knowledge and experience of developing robust, maintainable, efficient automated test frameworks
- Coding skills to develop frameworks and automated tests using tools such as Gherkin, SpecFlow, Visual Studio (C#), Selenium, Ranorex
- Ability to develop clear, concise, test plans and cases, and perform manual and automated tests across desktop and web applications
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Knowledge of database architecture
- Experienced in developing SQL and scripts
- API testing, Load and Performance testing
- Agile / Scrum experience
- Confident written and verbal communicator including client facing roles
- Ability to work in both co-located and distributed teams
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Financial Markets knowledge a plus
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Liaise with internal teams (Product Management, Analysts etc) to understand requirements and develop testable Acceptance Criteria
- Liaise with clients, as required, to understand and develop testable Acceptance Criteria
- Provide Test estimates to support bid pricing, project costing and task planning
- Develop automation frameworks to deliver efficient and effective testing
- Design, develop and execute automated tests using approved tools and frameworks
- Derive and design test cases following approved development testing standards and guidelines
- Design, develop and execute functional and non-functional tests (automated and manual as required)
- Peer review QA and Test team work
- Prioritise workload to meet agreed commitments
- Review SDLC processes and recommend improvements
- Ensure approved development procedures are followed across the SDLC
- Capture, record and document bugs allowing Development teams to readily reproduce issues
- Provide timely feedback to Development Management Team as required
About Brady plc:
Brady plc is the largest European-headquartered provider of trading and risk management software to the global commodity, recycling and energy markets. Brady combines fully integrated and complete solutions supporting the entire commodity trading operation, from capture of financial and physical trading, through risk management, handling of physical operations, back office financials and treasury settlement, for energy, refined and unrefined metals, scrap and secondary metals, soft commodities and agricultural products.
Brady has 30 years’ expertise in the commodity markets with more than 13,000 users at over 400 companies worldwide, who depend on Brady’s software solutions to deliver vital business transactions across their global operations. Brady clients include many of the world’s largest financial institutions, trading companies, miners, refiners, scrap processors, recyclers and producers, tier one banks and a large number of London Metal Exchange (LME) Category 1 and 2 clearing members and many leading European energy generators, traders and consumers.
For further information visit: ****************
This is a great opportunity to be part of our growing and talented development practice. Apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132260