Senior Data Engineer - ETL - Hive - Cloudera
Senior Data Engineer / Leeds / 6 Months Contract / 500 to 550 GBP (Per Day)
**IR35 Status **The client has stated that this role is Out of Scope of the new off pay-role worker legislation**
As a Lead Data Engineer you are an expert in your field and will role model data engineering practices across the Data Engineering community.
Leading the Data Engineering community to build in quality to the data products and services, using industry best practices.
You will have proven experience working in a large scale data driven organisation, leading design, build, test and deployment activities for data services that are focused on self-service and data quality.
You will be a key player in the senior leadership team in the development, identification, future planning and delivery of data services the Department offers to its customers across Government and Private sector organisations.
You will drive the build of our Data Engineering capability by providing technical leadership to a large multi-disciplined team and provide career development for our Data Engineering Community
As a Lead Data Engineer you will lead a large number of multi-functional delivery teams, to deliver robust data services to DWP, other Government Departments and Private sector partners.
- Provide the strategic vision for data services and products, championing self-service and modernising data delivery
- Champion technical evolution within the organisation. Find, test, agree and adopt emerging technologies
- Champion the latest Data Engineering best practices, principles and processes
- Be accountable for the effective management of risks and plans
- The management of practices and processes to ensure the integrity, safety and availability of all forms of data and data structures that make up the organisation’s information estate and support government departments and external partners in achieving strategic goals
- The protection of integrity, availability, authenticity, non-repudiation and confidentiality of information and data in storage and in transit.
- The management of data and information in all its forms and the analysis of information structure and the development of innovative ways of managing the information assets of the organisation, and
- Creating & maintaining a process for managing data quality across the organisation, in particular addressing information feeds to enterprise applications and systems
- Influencing the wider DWP technology stakeholders with regard to the development of data strategies
- Building strong links across other government departments to influence best practice and share insights
- Providing technical guidance and leadership for the development and safeguarding of robust data structures, including data management, data quality and MI/BI reporting
- • Providing organisational leadership and guidelines to promote the development and exploitation of specialist Data Engineering knowledge in the organisation
- Providing leadership for strategic initiatives, including the development of plans for data structures, data quality, data integration and business intelligence projects and programmes
- Leading the multi-disciplined Data Engineering community to deliver the strategic vision
- Developing our Data Engineering capability by rewarding high performers, shaping careers paths and recruiting talent to the organisation
- Leading the Data Engineering community to work collaboratively with Data Science, Data Management and Data Architecture communities to ensure innovative ideas are turned into re-useable, productionisable solutions.
- Identifying skills gaps and key dependencies within our product teams
- Excellent knowledge of Data Landscapes, products and services and experience of working in a large-scale data development or production environment
- Demonstrable understanding of end to end data delivery techniques in Business Analysis, Data Modelling, ETL techniques, Data Exploitation, Quality Assurance and MI/BI solutions
- Significant leadership and management experience in a data environment with the ability to motivate individuals to deliver user excellence using highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience of leading and continuously improving multiple Data Engineer teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering large-scale , complex real-time data products within specific time-scales and working alongside multiple senior Stakeholders
- Extensive experience in leading multi-disciplined Data Engineering teams responsible for delivering robust, timely and accurate data products and services
- Experience of defining, implementing and supporting services that are aligned to the business strategy and user requirements and successfully presenting the service catalogue to non-technical audiences
- Experience of Agile project methodology
- Advanced problem management and troubleshooting
- Awareness of open source technology relational and non-relational e.g. HBase/Hadoop/Hive, MongoDB, Postgres
- Experience of developing data solutions on Oracle, Cloudera or HortonWorks platforms
Accreditation & Qualifications
• Data Management - Level 6
• Emerging Technology Monitoring – Level 6
• Technical Specialism - Level 6
• Information Systems Coordination - Level 7
• Innovation – Level 6
• Information Assurance - Level 6
• Enterprise and Business Architecture - Level 5
If you match these requirements, please apply in the normal way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960127558