2nd Line Support Engineer - Leeds
My client deliver are a financial services business who deliver world-class customer experiences, continually innovating and embracing digital technology to make dealing with the company both efficient and engaging.
As a growing and respected brand that has been built on a foundation of customer advocacy, technical knowledge and significant marketing capabilities, My client is working towards becoming a household name that is synonymous with excellence. At the same time, they strive to leave a positive footprint; being good to their business partners, the community and our planet.
They are currently in the market for a 2nd Line support Engineer
The successful candidate will be a presentable and highly organised individual, with a keen attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work, including a logical approach to problem solving. An effective communicator, able to deal with colleagues and suppliers in a professional and confident manner. Must have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines as well as the drive to expand their knowledge as appropriate. Must have a good level of competency for both Windows Client Server operating systems.
- Second line responsibility for the day to day end user IT support needs of the company.
- Serves as first point of escalation for First Line Infrastructure Technicians and responsible for tickets assigned by such
- Technical expertise across a broad range of technologies
- Offers software / hardware support including for in-house applications
- Carries out more in-depth investigation of problems and root causes
- Liaises with Second Line, Third Line Technicians or Infrastructure Manager for escalations as necessary
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, via the helpdesk software or via email
- Offer advice to end users and first line technicians where necessary
- Follow help desk procedures and ticket handling procedures
- Log all user interaction within helpdesk software
- Responsible for responding to any urgent tickets in unassigned when no first line technicians are available
- Stay current with business application and system information, changes and updates
- Any other ad hoc tasks and projects work as and when required by the Infrastructure Manager
Enterprise IT Knowledge including good level of competency in:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Office 365 inc Powershell
- Virtualisation, VMWare + Hyper V
- TCP/IP Networking – NSLookup, ping/traceroute, understanding of existence of vlans / subnets etc
- Windows 7 & 10
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016
- Anti-virus software management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of proxy servers
- Knowledge of telephony systems, especially Shoretel / Mitel
- Knowledge of SANs
Salary: Up to £25,000 plus benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132525