An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Trainer to join our team, advising clients on the most effective methods of conforming to Machinery and other safety-related legislation. The successful candidate should provide accurate guidance on the requirements detailed within the relevant European Directives and Standards to assist the client in their understanding of legislation, and how conformity may be achieved. The successful candidates’ main role will be to deliver training to a variance of blue chip clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver talks and seminars to pre-organised groups of local safety professionals, Managers and Engineers. Evaluate hazards associated with client machinery.
- Deliver UPCD, CE, PUWER, FUNCTIONAL SAFETY and EN STANDARDS Training to clients worldwide
- Carry out Risk Assessments as required.
- CE marking of Machinery to relevant Directives using up to date European harmonised standards.
- PUWER inspections, producing detailed reports as required.
- Safety related control system evaluation & Validation to relevant standards EN13849 & EN62061.
- Use of proprietary risk management and third party software packages to produce detailed reports as required
- Carrying out on the job training where necessary, using a number of different methods i.e. One to one, small group, offering advice and assistance to enable clients to complete and achieve compliance.
- Auditing of clients’ policies & procedures, risk Assessments & other site applicable documentation.
- Offer advice and assistance to potential new clients as well as existing customers, developing contacts and maintaining good relationships with key personnel throughout the business
- Work on own initiative and promote the company in a positive manner at all times
- Hold a recognised and relevant engineering or teaching qualification with good experience within a machinery safety background.
- Able to deliver talks and seminars to pre-organised groups of local safety professionals, managers and engineers.
- The ability to deliver UPCD, CE, PUWER & STANDARDS training to clients worldwide.
- Good understanding of current PUWER and CE marking legislation, with a working knowledge of European machinery safety directives and relevant EN standards.
- Experience of delivering Functional Safety training with the ability to carry out detailed functional safety validations utilising software tools such as SISTEMA or PASCAL.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and customer service skills are a must.
- A flexible work ethic is essential as the candidate will be required to work at different locations both in and outside of the UK.
- Full Driving Licence
- Health & Safety qualifications, NVQ, IOSH are desirable.
- Experience of working on a variety of Electrical / Mechanical equipment within the manufacturing sector, particularly process and packaging machinery.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960127921