SCALA Developer - High Transaction Web Systems Amsterdam
SCALA Developer: High Transaction Web Systems. Amsterdam
SCALA Developer BUT MUST have experience of a Distributed, High Tolerance, High Transactional, Highly Scalable systems and that you have experience of Multi-threading.
This is a client of choice and a "must have on CV", with double digit growth year on year in a fantastic location.
Note that although the location is Amsterdam, this advert targets many locations to attract candidates looking for a move to the iconic city of Amsterdam, working for one of the world's top brands who are developing the next level in on-line, E-commerce commercial and retail trading, on long term contracts.
With Brexit on the horizon and low tax incentives for non-Dutch nationals and Amsterdam fast becoming one of the hottest cities for IT developments with major brands setting up development centres, this represents are particularly strong opportunity for UK based developers.
Given this is an Amazon type platform and hence high transaction load in Real Time and hence the Developer must have exposure to developing high transaction systems.
Given load and distribution, our client uses extensive multi-threading.
We are looking for experience with Spring, Agile, working knowledge of HTTP, SMTP, web Servers, Mail Servers, application Servers, SQL, and relational databases, push messaging, SMS, XMPP or related.
The Developer will take ownership of developing a communications platform to meet the needs of our business, creating a central communication service that serves our local businesses that are spread all over the world. The platform will initially cover email, chat and push but is intended out into other communication areas such as VOIP, SMS, etc.
ESSENTIAL: You are a confident person who will challenge design and architecture and not be afraid to inject your views and comments where necessary. You will have a flexible and innovative mindset, balanced by solid experience in building a scalable service, is paramount. You will be solving real-world technical and scaling issues on a regular basis. You will be responsible for growing and developing the system in line with the overall vision, planning improvements and delivering functionality in time and with high quality.
You are a self-starter who sets the direction for future development, can reason about it with other members of the team, provide a plan on how to implement it and delivers it.
This is an employer of choice and a great opportunity to work in a technically challenging company in a company that is a mix of silicon valley and entrepreneurial cultures. You will be working out of one of the most desirable areas of Amsterdam.
- BSC/BA in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications for the Internet.
- Must have experience in developing highly available services.
- Must have very strong SCALA.
- Must have working knowledge of HTTP, SMTP, web Servers, Mail Servers, application Servers, SQL, and relational databases, push messaging, SMS, XMPP or related
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Prefer experience with Cassandra, Riak, MIME Messages, REST, XML, JSON, Linux, Elastic Search, Maven, JIRA, and Git.
- Prefer experience with agile (SCRUM, XP, Kanban) development.
- High expectations in own work and deliveries.
- High commitment and engagement.
Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus
OUR client will conduct telephone and VC interviews for candidates not currently located in the Netherlands.
NOTE that Dutch language is NOT required.
NOTE that this is an onsite role in Amsterdam, Netherlands, working 9am to 6pm.
NO REMOTE working is permitted.
- The rate will be approximately 700 euros per day.
- BizTek is a recruitment consultant with offices in both the UK and The Netherlands.
- We have all immigration, payroll and settlement services in place to look after you on this assignment in The Netherlands. This is particularly good for those wanting long term contract work.
- Note that if you are not a resident in The Netherlands, then you can apply to benefit from a lower tax scheme.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126601