An exciting Installation Engineer role has recently arisen at PCS Instruments - an engineering company based in Acton, West London.
We manufacturer laboratory test equipment for the fuels and lubricants industries and our customers include major oil, automotive and additive companies along with healthcare and food and beverage companies.
The role includes:
- Travelling to customers’ site (usually overseas) to un-pack system(/s), set-up, install, and commission one (or more) of PCS’ instruments. Includes installation, calibration, and training for new users on how to operate the equipment.
- Travelling to customers’ site (usually overseas) to perform a service and full calibration of existing PCS equipment.
- Sending pre-installation documents to customer and agrees visit date with customer.
- Planning and books travel to customer site.
- Recording installation/service visit (on PCS CRM system) and supplies certificates to customer after successful installation or service.
- Following up with customer 3-months after installation for customer feedback.
- Providing feedback to relevant parties at PCS about the on-site installation/service experience.
- Helping with setup, testing and packing of new test equipment at PCS when required.
- Assisting with current and new product testing as required.
- Supporting in other areas of PCS as the need arises.
Requirements of the job :
- Commitment to high levels of customer service.
- Technical fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of laboratory bench top equipment installation/calibration.
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering an advantage.
- General operational PC skills and software including, MS Office, database entry.
- Good planning and organisation skills and the ability to spot and solve problems at an early stage.
- Ability to explain technical concepts clearly to non-technical people.
- Full clean UK driving license required.
Ability and willingness to travel (mainly outside the UK) on occasion at short notice for a total period of approximately 26 weeks per annum (50% of time). Hours of work are those required by the job and occasional evenings and weekend work may be necessary.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132422