Configuration & Systems Administrator
To lead, direct and motivate the Release and Configuration team in their deployment of releases to time, quality and budget and to maintain environments to meet project requirements
Responsible for cradle to grave management of the solution architectural, including design, deployment, support and configuration component of projects to time, quality and budget.Line management responsibility
- Provide leadership, management and motivation to the Release and Configuration team in their deployment of the Company's software applications to schedule, ensuring the mandatory requirements are met and that staff are motivated, qualified and supported;
- Ensure that releases are deployed successfully to time, quality and budget;
- To maintain environments hosted by the Company ensuring project requirements are achieved;
- Work collaboratively and professionally with customers and stakeholders ensuring the Company is perceived by all to be a high-quality service provider who can be trusted to deliver a consistent level of service;
- Constantly strive to improve the quality of the deliverable by introducing industry best practice, finding new ways to tackle problems and maintaining innovative and proven processes in-line with the customer and internal stakeholders;
- Accountable for the release and configuration service and associated procedures / processes;
- Take personal responsibility for personal development of the team including recruitment, appraisals, objectives, training and development;
- Prevent issues from impacting end users through proactive technical management of environments / technology and ensuring system availability;
- Quality assurance of the release and configuration service.
- Work with existing and new customers to translate business requirements into Architecture Designs and fit for purpose Microsoft based solutions through the complete project lifecycle;
- Undertake requirements gathering, planning, estimating, design and technical and architectural compliance assurance of Microsoft solutions;
- Provide support and guidance to both Project Managers and Technical Architects on Microsoft solutions;
- Provide architecture and technical direction and expertise to the Microsoft Development teams;
- Active participation in project planning, team meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other meetings;
- Ensure all Microsoft development work meets the agreed architecture and coding standards and take personal accountability for assuring design documentation and coding;
- Adhere to, proactively maintain and improve agreed practices, accreditations, procedures, quality and development standards;
- Identify, review, select and recommend new technical products which can be used to improve the overall quality of the Architecture practice;
- Assist in the recruitment of the Architecture and Development team members as required;
- Carry out estimation of effort for projects;
- Provide pre-sales support to the Sales team as required
- Good class degree in Computing/Information Technology (e.g. BSc, minimum 2:2), or equivalent experience;
- Good working knowledge of configuring, customising and implementing Microsoft solutions;
- In depth understanding of the software development lifecycle;
- Knowledge of configuration management and change control documents and procedures.
- Knowledge of server builds, backups, restores, upgrades and patches;
- Good working knowledge of Linux/Unix systems, Oracle 10g RAC Database and Oracle 9i Application Server, IBM Rational ClearCase / ClearQuest, HP Quality Center or equivalent SCM systems;
- Knowledge of SQLPlus, TCP/IP, DNS, RedHat Enterprise Linux;
- Experience of implementing process improvements and CMMI;
- PRINCE2 qualified;
- ITIL Version 3 - Foundation.
- Microsoft accreditation;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft CRM, SharePoint, .NET, MS SQL Server and MS SQL Report Services;
- Microsoft Windows, Exchange Server and Network infrastructure knowledge desirable;
- Good knowledge of business processes.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126495