Power Supply Design Engineer
A leading provider of electronic power supply solutions our client is a very dynamic, financially sound company with a friendly and supportive work culture, looking to add high calibre engineers to their growing team. As a Power Supply Design Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems.
Your Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
· Design of AC/DC switch mode power supplies 40W to 1500W, utilizing various electrical topologies.
· Design and development of power supply products from concept to volume production whilst ensuring that the design meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets.
· Liaising with cross-functional team (PCB layout, Mechanical engineering, Manufacturing and Quality engineering) to facilitate the design process.
· Liaising with international manufacturing locations during development and product infancy to maximize production yields.
· Selection of raw materials, components and suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
· Research and Evaluation of new technologies.
· Electrical design of new and modified products, ensure products designs are cost effective and design for manufacturing.
· Responsible for root causes analysis on products, technical problems and documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of job related experience.
· Experience with electronic packaging, electronic power supplies and power conversion products
· Knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies and soft switching techniques and technologies.
· Experience of designing EMI filters / PCB layouts for minimum EMI.
· Through understanding of Control theory.
· Ability to write and analyze design documentation.
· Strong project management experience and supervisory skills.
· Ability to make economic judgments with respect to product cost and manufacturing process.
· Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
· Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks with minimum supervision
· Self-motivation, initiative and drive.
In addition to an attractive salary, our client offers a bonus, relocation assistance, Bupa membership and pension plan. Non-financial benefits include a friendly work environment, which values independent thinking as well as a management philosophy that encourages team spirit.
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role and are eligible to work unrestricted in the UK, please submit your CV. All applications are responded to.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960127664