Infrastructure Operations Engineer - AWS
Infrastructure Ops Engineer - London - Up to £65K
Rapidly growing successful FinTech startup based near Old Street London are currently seeking a permanent Infrastructure Ops Engineer. The successful Infrastructure Ops Engineer will have full ownership for managing, monitoring, automating and evolving the companies AWS-based infrastructure.
The AWS infrastructure powers their platform including their customer app, administration dashboard and marketing website. There is an exciting roadmap of project work for the Infrastructure Ops Engineer to make a name for themselves in this exciting FinTech startup.
The organisation has made a solid start on their infrastructure, but the successful Infrastructure Ops Engineer will work alongside the companies talented engineering team and have full responsibility for ensuring the availability, reliability, security and performance of their infrastructure and evolving it into the future using e.g. serverless, containerisation and the latest AWS services.
In this exciting rapidly growing company there is a lot to do, a lot to learn and a lot of opportunity as our business grows after launch.
This role is great for either an experienced DevOps Engineer or a SysOps Engineer with some development experience and wishing to move into DevOps.
Responsibilities for the Infrastructure Ops Engineer:
- Own the FinTech platform infrastructure; actively monitoring, managing and maintaining it for the very best customer experience
- Ensuring the highest security and data protections are in place and in compliance with policies
- Designing backup plans and testing disaster recovery
- Reacting to various real time events; bugs, performance spikes, attacks
- Helping with anti-money laundering/fraud detection and prevention
- Supporting developers in delivering new features to various environments continuously
- Supporting other business functions such as product and marketing as necessary
- Reduce operational cost over time through e.g. dynamic scaling and containerisation
Looking for an Infrastructure Ops Engineer who ticks as many of these boxes as possible!
- 5+ years proven track record of operating multi-server, multi-role cloud infrastructures across multiple environments.
- Strong AWS experience
- Experience automating infrastructure and deployments using e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, Terraform.
- Excellent knowledge of containerisation with e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of mitigating security vulnerabilities that affect web, mobile and servers.
- Experience running Continuous Integration.
- Experience of measuring how an infrastructure is operating at all layers and visualising onto dashboards and integrating into alerting systems.
- Excellent Linux knowledge and deep understanding of networking (connectivity, routing, firewalls, IDS, NAT), security and databases.
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and operations management.
- Knowledge of automation of environments and deployment.
- Ability to write some form of scripting code e.g. Python, bash.
- A love of writing documentation and diagramming.
If you are a talented engineer who understands what it means to work in a startup and it excites and motivates you then you're the person we are looking for! A salary of between £55K - £65K is on offer and an excellent benefits package.
Please apply within or send your CV directly to Jessica Bolton - ********************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960130549