Senior / Lead Consultant - Rail Infrastructure (Track & Civil)
SNC-Lavalin is a leading provider of consultancy services to clients who are seeking to improve the efficiency, capacity, safety and value-for-money of their railway assets.
Our Rail Infrastructure Systems business is one of four core Product Businesses within Rail & Transit UK and is an essential component of the offering whole system, whole lifecycle services to our clients. We offer rail systems solutions across route and track, signalling and power engineering, complemented by rail construction management and civil engineering capability.
Formulating part of a small design unit your key function will be to assist the Technical Directors and other Senior Engineers and Consultants in the production and delivery of a variety of rail related design projects. Due to the diversity of the business these will be varied in size and nature, ranging from relatively small single source projects to large-scale multi discipline work banks.
Your main work stream will involve the production of Civil & Structural design packages along with providing guidance to more junior members of staff. You will be expected to have a good understanding of Civil Engineering design principles and processes with the ability to progress design elements independently. Ensuring that designs are delivered to programme and that change is accurately reported to the business is a key requirement. It is envisaged that line management responsibilities of junior team members will also be a part of this role. Commercial management and business development responsibilities will also be key, although you will be supported by the wider management structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Production and checking of Civils design packages
- Prepare and review technical reports
- Co-ordination of design deliverables
- Management and direction of junior members of staff
- Addressing design issues/TQ’s
- Attending IDC’s and design review meetings
- Communication with the Client on technical matters
- Document control (where appropriate)
- Ensure work is undertaken effectively and productively
- Commercial management of projects, where appropriate
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Management of resource workload
- Reporting of change and progress to the Project Manager(s)
- Supporting the business development activities of the Head of Infrastructure
- Support were necessary other elements of the infrastructure team (energy, control & Permanent way)
- Possess a degree of flexibility to accommodate changes to the working environment and duties
Required Experience and Skills
To be considered for the role you would need to be proactive, show initiative and attention to detail. You will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and have experience of working in the rail industry as well as an understanding of the rail environment and the associated design processes. Your experience will cover the entire lifecycle of a project, from tender to design, construction and handover. Experience as a Network Rail CRE would be highly advantageous.
You will be a chartered member of a relevant industry association, be IT Literate in MS Office and in pertinent industry software (analysis and management packages). You must possess excellent communication, presentation and team working skills and an outstanding attention to detail.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, personal and company performance related bonus schemes, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.
Closing date for applications is 5th March 2018
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129504