We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Architect to help with the future infrastructure roadmap and revolutionise the IT enterprise. You will work with a dedicated Project Delivery team to drive an ambitious schedule of infrastructure change.
You will enjoy engaging in senior-level discussion, be able to successfully communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives working as the strategy and delivery of transformational change across the UK and Europe.
What you will do
- Shapes technical proposals, thinking commercially and future proofing.
- Ownership of solutions for specific key areas and managing the impact of any changes which affect the architecture of the solution.
- Lead the definition of our business overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity.
- Design and support the implementation of IT infrastructure projects and ensure that infrastructure is working at optimal levels.
- Meticulous design documentation skills, able to work across network & server solutions with the objective of providing sufficient information for engineering teams to build solutions.
- Previously worked in a" hands-on" infrastructure engineering role.
- Ability to build relationships and provide advice to senior stakeholders.
- Extensive experience providing technical architectural support to large-scale programmes, especially in organisations where the IT landscape is evolving.
- Significant experience working for a business whose core business is IT infrastructure, such as an outsourcing provider.
- Good working knowledge of cloud services Azure and/ or Amazon Cloud platforms, relevant certifications in Cloud, VMware and Microsoft technologies.
- Extensive experience working on data centre solutions as part of a complex ecosystem.
- Significant experience with network implementations and associated security.
- Extensive experience of data analysis, master data management and data migration expertise.
- Significant experience with technical architecture framework, e.g. TOGAF, Zachman or a comparable methodology.
- Good technical expertise, e.g. technical consulting and full software delivery lifecycle, Agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience of defining and developing future roadmaps according to industry trends and best practice.
- Ability to take a loose set of requirements and build a high-level architecture using common standards.
- Proven ability to analyse complex components, identify decision points, draw conclusions and produce architecture roadmaps.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960125944