Position: CMM Programmer
Location: Shepshed, Leicestershire
Salary: Competitive basic salary, with excellent company benefits
Our Client is a market leader in the development and manufacture of advanced machine systems, technology and services, providing turnkey solutions for the Aerospace and Land Based Gas Turbine industries.
As part of continued growth, they currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced CMM Programmer / Metrology Engineer.
Responsibilities for the CMM Programmer:
- Inspection planning for NPI projects on aerofoil based turbine components and large structural rings.
- Design, production and maintenance of Optical and Contact CMM inspection programs for both production inspection and First article inspection applications.
- Selection, procurement and initial calibration of manual and special to product inspection equipment.
- Assistance to Manufacturing Engineers and production operators in the use, interpretation of CMM measurement results and consequent CNC offset adjustments.
- Support to Manufacturing Engineering from tool design through project development phase to productionised solutions.
- Production of FAIR reports for NPI parts
- Be actively involved in and committed to the implementation of all the Company's policies in all aspects of the job function.
- Participate fully in Company projects through personal involvement when required.
- Ensure that all quality systems/procedures are maintained at all times.
- Communicate, contribute and present as part of a cross functional team.
- Participate in meetings (as required) with other departments, suppliers and customers.
- Be actively involved in problem solving, with regards to continuous improvement of processes.
- Application of quality methodology including PFMEA, Control plan, Characteristic accountability and SPC.
- Support resolution of corrective actions, preparation of production permit and DAR.
Requirements for theCMM Programmer :
- Proven experience in understanding complex component definition drawings and their correct interpretation
- Familiarity with advanced machining processes including 5 Axis Grinding, EDM and Laser drilling
- Proven experience in the alignment of complex geometries, feature measurement and GD&T applications
- A good understanding of first principle measurement
- A good understanding of 3D CAD, Excel and Mini-Tab
- Programming experience at an advanced level in MCOSMOS, PCDMIS, Measuremind and Zone 3 software
- Familiarity with applicable Quality and Manufacturing Engineering controls, procedures and specifications
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960128013