Senior Lawyer (Planning) (Legal)
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Lawyer (Planning Lawyer) to work on a 36 hour per week contract role to start on the 19-02-18 until the 18-05-18 with a likely extension to the contract
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- To actively support the management of the department.
- To provide high level and proactive expert legal advice to the Client, its members and officers and to be a point of contact for members and senior officers on legal matters in respect of:
- Planning and regeneration
- ction and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Qualification as Solicitor or Barrister
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Full understanding of risk management in the context of corporate governance
- Track record of achievement at a management level in a similarly large and complex organisation including:
- Well developed understanding of planning law and practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the law affecting local government and its trends in the UK and EU.
- Experience of providing advice to members of a Council/ Board Members on legal issues both in public meetings, through presentation briefing reports etc.
- Experience of contributing to corporate decision making and development of corporate policy and strategy
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage people, performance and budgets.
- Ability to personally handle all matters within the post holder's area of responsibility and to carry a heavy caseload of work.
- Ability to give clear and proactive legal advice in a manner which supports clients in achieving their organisational objectives.
- Ability to appear as an advocate
- Leadership and management skills.
- Communicating and influencing skills.
- Ability to contribute to the longer term development of the service area.
- Work collaboratively corporately and departmentally
- Strong role model who demonstrates a personal commitment to high standards of public service, honesty and integrity and professionalism
- Able to write concise, effective reports for varying audiences including elected members and CMT.
- High level analytical skills to identify issues and develop responses and solutions.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HOLD A CURRENT STANDARD CRB/DBS CHECK WHICH IS LESS THAN 12 MONTHS OLD
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960125730