Automotive Category Buyer
Automotive Category Buyer - Programmes (R466)
Please Note: When registering to Jobsite you will be automatically redirected to our online application form. Please ensure that this is completed ready for review.
Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Category Buyer - Programmes
Basis: Consultancy 6 months initial contract
Start Date: asap
Reports to: Senior Category Manager
Rate: £300-£400, Negotiable subject to experience
Based: Basildon or Coventry, dependant on commodity group (with regular travel between UK locations and US as required)
Emerald Automotive Design, working with it’s partner London Electric Vehicle Company is looking for 4 Category Buyers on a major new US whole vehicle development programme covering the following areas;
· Structures / BIW
· Exteriors / Interiors
· Powertrain / Chassis
The Category Buyer - Programmes is responsible for the development and implementation of effective purchasing and supply chain strategies that manage supply chain risk, and deliver significant benefit to the organisation.
The role will provide a single point of accountability for sourcing performance in relation to a category / sub-category, and requires a high degree of product and market focus. This means an ability to drive improvement through demand and specification based initiatives as well as through the more traditional purchasing based activity e.g. negotiation. In addition, the role should consider the internal costs of managing suppliers and supply chains, including working capital, and the cost of poor quality and delivery performance
- Ensure that the total cost of acquisition of goods and services are considered and improved, and that potential supply chain risks are formally identified, minimised and mitigated
- Responsibility to ensure that the optimum relationships are developed, and effective leverage applied to the supply base in order to achieve business targets and maximise competitive advantage
- Responsibility to ensure that suitable measures of performance, contractual terms and conditions, cost driver analysis and supply chain risk management is effective and improved through a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction, in order to ensure that suppliers and supply chains remain competitive
- Develop & implement robust and effective Category based sourcing strategies within a gateway process
- Development and implementation of a category specific savings plan - Drive the implementation of savings projects and monitor them through a structured process
- To work with the programme sourcing managers to ensure that category strategies are effectively implemented into new product development activity
- Management of a specific category
- Support the development of standardised supplier performance management and spend data analysis
- Manage the supplier raw materials pipeline of inventory to ensure that working capital is effectively managed
- Ensure that payment terms are optimised
- Ensure that early payment, and other discounts / rebates are maximised (in conjunction with business requirements e.g. working capital constraints)
- Maintain procurement information and contract files specific to the category.
- Provide the link to the sales and commercial team in terms of raw materials costs and availability
- Drive innovation from the supply chain
Core Skills, Education and Knowledge
- Has experience of the US automotive supply chain across multiple categories
- Has experience of supplier identificationon and early sourcing on new model programmes
- Has experience of supplier appraisals and capability assessments
- Has experience of the RFI & RFQ processes
- Graduate calibre, preferably with an engineering degree, supplemented by a business degree e.g. MBA
- Candidates should hold a valid passport with at least one year of remaining validity and have no restrictions on global travel
- Candidates should have significant experience in senior commercial / Purchasing roles within multi site, multi region, multi cultural, manufacturing based organisations
- Candidates should show a commitment to continuous personal and professional development, and should be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, or equivalent.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126424