Infrastructure Engineer (Design & Delivery team) - Leicester
My client, a multi-award winning and Industry recognised market-leader are looking to build a brand new Infrastructure Design & Delivery team.
In 2017 the company spent over £6 million on their IT Infrastructure with further budget in place for this year as they plan to re-design their Data Centre – you’ll also be working in the recently refurbished head office and join a dynamic IT department who support 7000 client machines, 300 servers, 1600 Cisco local area network devices and over 220 wide area network links.
As the Infrastructure Engineer (Design & Delivery) you’ll help support the administration of the large server and network estate at the same time as managing projects to continue developing existing infrastructure, and creating new solutions in response to growing requirements of the business.
The ideal candidate will be someone with relevant experience in delivering mission-critical, enterprise IT systems. Specifically, this should include at least three of the following areas:
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of a range of Microsoft platforms including Exchange Server, Active Directory, SharePoint, Lync and Windows Server operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Storage Area Networks and backup systems
- Good understanding and experience of developing and maintaining IT disaster recovery plans and business continuity solutions
- Competent in configuration and maintenance of Cisco network equipment, with the ability to investigate, diagnose and resolve complex LAN / WLAN / WAN issues
- Experience of implementing and managing servers in a clustered VMware or Hyper-V virtualised environments
- Comprehensive understanding of IT security covering network, server and application layers
- Experience of implementing and managing cloud based platforms and services such as Azure, AWS or Google
- Experience of Cisco Unified Communication VOIP platform
In addition to these skills the applicant must demonstrate ability to assimilate diverse and complex technologies. You will be a disciplined thinker capable of working under pressure in a high-output environment, possess a high degree of self-management and motivation to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines with competing demands.
If this Infrastructure Engineer (Design & Delivery) opportunity sounds of interest and you’d like to find out further details then please send over your CV to Technical Team Solutions at your earliest opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960127573