Senior Java Developer, Java, Spring, SQL
Who they are?
Our client is a market leader in the online gambling space.
The Senior Software Engineer will deliver our Development strategy through having ownership of the systems architecture and development, following the departments methodology, and drive outstanding results across all engines, following company and department objectives and priorities.
You will be building and developing web applications on Spring.
In this role, you will work with a team of highly skilled people, all with opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve the client’s work.
- Working in an agile environment cooperating with Product Managers and business stakeholders to design, develop and build products that would remove some of the legacy dependency
- Establishment and maintenance of technology resources to support all operational functions
- Write software following OOP best practices
- Write software following the Design Patterns that best fit for a problem given
- Write software following the SOLID principles
- Write software following the DRY principle
- Write Unit tests following TDD
- Write Integration tests following BDD
- 3-5 years of experience in web development;
- Strong core java experience (Java 8 preferred);
- Strong experience using Spring
- Experience with MS SQL database development
- Ability to write unit and integration tests;
- Experience applying SOLID design principles;
- Experience building web services and APIs on REST;
- Previous experience working in the betting, financial and/or banking sector (advantageous).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960128356