Sales & Application Engineer - Measurement / Optics / Lasers
Sales & Application Engineer – Measurement / Optics / Lasers (CC636)
Location: Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Essex, Buckinghamshire or Surrounding
£27K – £37K Basic + £10-15K Bonus + Car + Pension + 21 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Training, Support & Development
(Salary dependent on experience)
My client is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high quality scientific equipment for engineering, analytical, diagnostic and research purposes.
This well established leader now requires a competent Sales & Application Engineer to help propel the business by developing lasting relationships with clients and supporting the business to drive turnover to record highs.
Reporting to the UK Sales Manager you will be responsible for selling my client’s range of high value & complex non-contact measurement solutions across your assigned territory.
The successful candidate will be required to generate revenue within their assigned product category whilst providing technical support to customers within Aerospace & Defense, Academia, Research Laboratories and Industry, ensuring they are fully aware of my client’s products and its capabilities.
Other key duties will include;
- Growing sales of my client’s non-contact measurement solutions.
- Providing 1st class customer service and support.
- Building long term relationships with key decision makers.
- Working closely with other departments to achieve company targets.
- Providing application support to customers across a variety of industries.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of my client’s product range and services.
- Representing my client at workshops, tradeshows and other industry events.
- Upselling service / calibration contracts where possible.
- Maintaining the CRM system with relevant leads and customer information.
- Continuously learning and developing through personal efforts and company training.
- Becoming a product / application expert within your assigned category.
For experienced individuals there is also the possibility to manage and develop key international distribution partners.
The ideal candidate will be educated to a minimum of BSc and preferably hold an MSc or PhD in a science or engineering related subject.
Past sales experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable conducting technical conversations with Students, Researchers, Engineers and senior figures.
It is essential that all candidates possess a strong understating of non-contact measurement solutions and signal processing gained through either work experience or education.
Other key skills required include:
- An autonomous and structured attitude to work.
- 3 years’ minimum experience within a commercial sales or laboratory environment.
- Well organised with excellent personal presentation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960127192