Credit-Analyst - VP
My client, a leading Global Banking Group, requires a number of experienced Credit Analyst with demonstrable hands-on experience conducting analysis on a variety of sectors Healthcare, TMT, Aviation, Natural resources, FI & NBFI, FMCG and Retail.
- Providing a timely assessment of credit risk for corporations.
- To review credit applications prepared by the Business Development team and to ensure any identified risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Conducting a thorough evaluation of the transaction structure, financial data such as financial models, balance sheets and income statements to determine the level of default risk.
- Providing a succinct and well thought out recommendation to the Senior Credit Managers.
- Ensure that the turnaround time on the review of Credit Applications meets the agreed service level agreement with the Business Development Team.
- To enhance the quality of Credit Applications and make recommendations about procedural and policy changes where necessary.
- Liaise with various departments to instil a risk aware culture throughout the Bank and to maintain an appropriate up-to-date knowledge of key risk issues.
- Monitor and control credit exposures to ensure compliance with authorised portfolio and individual obligor limits.
- Monitor collateral and covenants where relevant.
- Implement and maintain adequate procedures as set out in the credit procedures, spreadsheets, registers, files and storage to ensure all appropriate records are maintained and security documents are safely stored.
- Assist to prepare and review facility and credit documentation where relevant.
Key experience will include:
- A minimum 7 -12 years’ experience (depending on level) gained within an international banking environment.
- Good understanding and awareness of credit risk issues
- An ability to identify credit risk and control along with a good understanding of Credit and related documentation
- Exposure to Trade Finance, Structured Trade Finance and knowledge of Project/Structured Finance is desirable but not essential.
- Adaptable, confident, reliable, motivated with strong time management skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Excellent IT, analytical, numerical, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and team working skills are also essential.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960127849