Design Engineer - Design Engineer
Design Engineer (ANY 3D Package Ideally SolidWorks)
£28,000 to £35,000 + Company Contributory Pension + Benefits Package
Design Engineer required by a market leading company that can offer a technically challenging and varied role as they produce bespoke special purpose machines. You will receive training, development and great career prospects into Project Management.
The role will suit experienced mechanical Design Engineers with 3D design skills on any CAD packages. In this role you will produce a range of assembly, manufacturing and fabrication drawings. You will receive product training, systems training and SolidWorks training if you are familiar with another 3D CAD package
You will work within a successful team of 6 who take a proactive lead in managing the preparation of drawings, parts lists and other documents for a range of products. The products are fully bespoke, special purpose and contain moving parts.
* Varied and challenging Mechanical design role (80% 3D SolidWorks & 20% 2D AutoCAD).
* Design of special purpose machinery, materials handling systems, conveyors etc. Kit includes moving parts.
* Working in a design team of 6 in a project based role - you will work from a design brief on both concept based designs and re-modications of existing templates.
* Accurate compilation of Bills of Materials (BOM's), technical documentation and user manuals.
* Will have strong 3D design skills using ANY CAD package but ideally with SolidWorks.
* Will have designed SPM's with moving parts e.g. production machinery, materials handling solutions, conveyor systems with actuators, motors and cylinders etc.
* Will hold engineering/manufacturing knowledge and/or qualifications.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960127499