Data Centre Engineer - Doxford & Wynyard
We currently have an excellent opportunity a Data Centre Engineer to join a highly technical team who provide Network and infrastructure support within a large datacentre across both our Wynyard and Doxford sites. The role is based at both the Doxford and Wynyard Data Centre as work dictates.
SC clearance is also a requirement for this position and is highly advantageous if you already have it. However we can help the Data Centre Engineer achieve this once started with the business.
Key Responsibilities –
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following tasks:
- Network installations and support in the data centre.
- On-site operational support for break fix incidents.
- Provide Installation / Move / Add / Change support in the data centre for scheduled work.
- Working under the direction of remote and local teams to install, cable and configure IT equipment.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues including trunk cabling, patching and configuration issues.
- Initiate and own escalations to the appropriate supplier staff and/or customer representative for resolution that require assistance of more technical resources within the Supplier or Customer organization.
- Coordinate and manage escalations for data issues with supplementary service providers performing additional data services.
Essential Skills –
- Similar level as CCNA
- Basic knowledge of AC/DC voltage.
- Ability to apply subject matter knowledge to resolve general support issues..
- Ability to use tools and measurements which are compliant with Commscope certification process for infrastructure cabling fibre and copper.
- Ability to look for opportunities to improve existing processes and workflow designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Must have a strong understanding of all major aspects of systems and network equipment HW and FW/SW & knowledge of multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of Cisco, HP Network products, Checkpoint, F5 and Riverbed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126327