Agile Java Software Developer
A career changing permanent opportunity to join one of the world's leading E-commerce brands as an Agile Java Software Developer , as a member of their team shaping the future of global commerce, shaping how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world and keeping them safe
This is a client of choice and a "must have on CV", with double digit growth year on year in a fantastic location.
Location of the role is Shoreditch, London EC2.
Our client is a recent London startup, that is part of one of the World’s leading ecommerce brands that is revolutionising commerce by offering delivery in minutes or a time of the customer’s choice. The business ambition is to become a global brand.
Fast iteration and lean delivery are at the heart of client culture, a huge part of their work involves transforming processes to align with the modern engineering pace.
They are continually striving for the highest quality, and work in small focused teams. They are mostly an XP shop but take the best bits of Lean, Scrum and Kanban too, with a healthy dose of Extreme Programming .
Developers work across the entire company stack and infrastructure, including internal and external APIs, enterprise distributed systems, services and tools like JMeter, JMX and Visual VM.. You will apply TDD/BDD and other engineering best practices on all the code you deliver.
You will promote the best Agile practices, supporting and mentoring teams in improving their technical skills and processes.
So, what type of developer skills and experiences are we looking for?
- Agile best practise.
- Supporting and mentoring teams in improving their technical skills and processes.
- TDD/BDD and other engineering best practices.
- Experience at constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing tools and changing processes.
- Extreme or Pair Programming.
- Comfortable at working across the entire stack and infrastructure, including internal and external APIs, enterprise distributed systems, services and tools
- Tune, support and monitor applications with tools like JMeter, JMX and Visual VM.
Apart from Development, what else will you be doing:
- Agile: you’ll help inspect and adapt processes. You will contribute to the agile transformation, leading by example, mentoring in training workshops and contributing to open source projects.
- Architecture: you choose the right tool for the job at hand, know when to drop in a NoSQL database and when to break something out into a new component and the best way to wire it in, when to go with the simplest fit into the current system and when to rethink the existing approach.
- Polyglot: you are confident working on a range of languages and can quickly adapt to new ones. You like working on established technology stacks as well as quickly changing platforms.
- Rewarding technical challenges - fixing ecommerce delivery requires solving technical problems: building unified shipping platforms for diverse customers, iterating fast while providing the best customer experience, constantly improving technology while dealing with the transaction volume is what our client do best. This isn’t another photo sharing app – our client is trying to make something that’s brand, spanking new to the world!
What our client offers:
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
- Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!), right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of great food options nearby.
- Great company culture – they have a culture of respect and high expectations of others. They love sharing a drink together on a Friday, play board games, enjoy free lunch and a pub quiz (not in the pub!) on their demo day and have collaboration around the business and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff.
- Flexible working - no set working hours, really great support for working from home (they have good video conferencing facilities) and generous holiday.
- Competitive salary and generous benefits.
- On top of a salary you will receive a bonus, benefits including real stock !
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126568