Product Design Engineer (Mechanical / Electronics)
Product Design Engineer (Mechanical / Electronics) c57k-70k Strong Bonus + Benefits
South East Ref: ABJ3502
As a product design engineer with experience in mechanical engineering, electronics engineering of with fabrication experience in product design for manufacture. You will provide technical input and support to develop consumer relevant innovations with a robust proof of application package for new products. As part of a Global team this agile, fast-moving environment feels like a start-up with the backing of an established multinational business. It’s your chance to push the boundaries in a new sector of consumer tech. There’s also the opportunity to network and be seen, and grow a career that could take you all over the world.
- Applies knowledge from key areas of product development to support the development of new innovations for commercialisation and address problems from 1st principles.
- Ensure commercial supply capability for Devices via external manufacturing and assembly partners
- Reviewing prototype designs for PCB’s and other electronic components to ensure that the design and associated manufacturing processes meet or exceed business expectations for safety, cost of goods, commercial manufacturing and scalability without compromising the consumer offer.
- Providing input from a manufacturing perspective to Procurement in Supplier Selection – including identifying key technical requirements for external manufacturing / assembly partners.
- Ensure external manufacturing / assemble capability is in place, inclusive of all elements required to validate that the product / process is as per the supplied Specifications, Quality Control Plan and capacity required.
One Role – pertinent to Electronics
One role - pertinent to Fabrication and Plastic Moulding Development
- Engineering degree in Electronics / Mechatronics/ Mechanical or Materials engineering
- Experience in electronics development engineering role
- Preferable experience in a technical engineering positions in FMCG, automotive, telecoms or electronic equipment manufacturing
- Experience in plastic moulding or plastic moulding injection
- Hands on experience in PCB design, batteries and evaluation of small electronic consumer goods
- Strong analytical skills in design problem solving for both process and products
- Ability to articulate project plans, risk assessments and other control document for the work that they will be accountable for.
- Experienced in working with a range of suppliers across a broad range of technical processes that could include electronics, heating and communications components as well as management of external contractors
- Ability to interface with other technical leads such as Research and Development, plastic moulding, software developers etc
- Experience in supplier validation systems and processes.
- Experience of regulatory compliance requirements for electronic consumer products
- Ability to manage relationships with internal customers/stakeholders (e.g. R&D, Quality, New product Operations).
- High degree of personal resilience, drive and flexibility.
Full Time. Permanent (35hr week) Benefits Package Includes Pension, Strong Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson for ABJ3502 at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment on ***********
OR ******************** or apply via email
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960125575