We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commodity Manager to join an ambitious, market leading manufacturer who serve global markets. As the Commodity Manager, you will oversee the maintenance and future development of the supplier base using proven processes and techniques to achieve a world class supply base. You will also conduct research globally for new suppliers, new opportunities & technologies which may be able to offer new innovative products & solutions in support of current and future product delivery.
Commodity Manager duties
- Together with the purchasing team create & implement a commodity strategy for the future;
- Develop, maintain & audit a select approved primary supplier base on their financial stability, commercial acumen, quality levels & delivery aspects;
- Ensure the Vendor base performance is within contractual agreement & supporting the company expectations of build & production targets.
- Competitively tender all parts as commodity groups, introduce new suppliers to meet the growth & development, through the NPI project process from conception to implementation into production;
- Provide support through the NPI process to Design/Engineering/Manufacturing & QA departments to implement a successful introduction of new products & technologies into production;
- Drive through & manage the implementation of direct & indirect savings in a cross functional cost reduction project;
- Conduct regular supplier development meetings/projects in line with the Group needs for a World class supplier base
- Lead the negotiation & implementation of supply contracts for various commodity groups to mitigate any risks to the business;
- Ensure that new parts have all the necessary suppliers, commodity and cost data set correctly in ERP/ MRP;
- Review best practices world-wide in order to develop a professional & efficient purchasing organisation.
Commodity Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience of designing / implementing supply chain strategies & the development of an established suppler base in a relevant position;
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft programmes including applications in excel – using formulae & VLOOKUP
- CIPS Level 4 – preferred
- Experience of working with and developing a global supplier base
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960127829