ROLE: Retail Analyst
SALARY: £24,000 - £34,000 P/A
LOCATION: Worksop OR London (60% Field Based)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join our clients field based UK Analysis Division. If you have a good grasp of Excel or SQL and you are on the hunt for a diverse and active career, this could well be the role for you:
About the role:
Effectiveness & Analytics sits within the Group Insight team which is accountable for providing analytics across Price, Product and Promotion: to ensure that we can sustainably provide the right products at the right prices for our customers. This would cover Store & Format, Digital and Marketing to name a few.
The Effectiveness & Analytics department is cross-functional working with all areas of the business, so our team members must be able to work together to demonstrate a lined up and unified approach to deliver our strategic plan. This is a key role within the team responsible for delivering Pricing and Promotional analytics across the Retail, Digital and brands businesses.
Context of the Role:
The post holder must be capable of challenging, influencing, making strong decisions and effectively managing relationships at all levels; engaging managers and team members whilst demonstrating a passion for customers.
Job Purpose Statement:
To support the business by delivering analysis and recommendations to drive profitable, customer focus in business decision making.
Under the guidance of the Analytics Manager - the job holder implements appropriate methods to provide analytic support including (but not restricted to) competitor price monitoring, market share analysis, sales analysis, product range analysis, test & learn programmes.
- Work with external agencies, ranging from market share providers to media, to ensure day to day delivery of category and market analytics to meet requests of key stakeholders, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Delivers statistical analysis of data in respect of performance effectiveness presenting complex data insights in engaging ways which are understandable and actionable for team members
- Works cross functionally to ensure that data is fit for purpose and issued in a timely manner
- Works cross functionally to ensure that Pricing rules are fit for purpose, adhered to and that all deals communicated externally are market leading
- Monitors, reports and feeds back to Line Manager on data governance issues which impact on effective analytics
- Works with the category teams to support strategies and the Customer campaign plans - be part of the product review to provide customer and market insights
- Work with the marketing communications teams to deliver analysis from brand and communications tracking - deliver analytics for the post campaign review process
- Present actionable analysis and recommendations in a succinct manner, at a senior level as appropriate
- To monitor budget against targets and ensure that the department gets best value from its data
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in an analytics role preferable, ideally in a retail environment
- Ability to work across a wide range of stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrates a strong awareness of the market and our competitors through knowledge and insight.
- Strong knowledge of the retail market place from a customer and competitor perspective.
- Strong listening and verbal skills to be able to guide, advise and input in meetings.
- Commercial in outlook and understands the current business challenges within retail.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and multi-task under pressure with strict time constraints.
- Requirement to stay away from home. Ability to travel around the UK.
Desired but not
- Advanced user of Excel essential, VBA advantageous
- Experience of using database and information portal technologies and 'slice and dice' reporting tools, e.g. SQL, Qlikview, Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx, 'R'. Experience of building a database would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If this sounds like the role for you, I would be keen to hear from you! Please apply on the link below to be considered for the position.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126934