Sales & Design Consultant (Online Retail)
We’re looking for the best of the best – natural sellers with a very strong customer-first mentality, excellent communication skills and an innate desire to go the extra mile to get the order and please the customer. On offer is a high-amount of freedom and flexibility at a fast-growing multi-website online retailer; a competitive salary with uncapped commission, and plenty of perks.
At Beyond Retail, we’re after outstanding individuals who see every objection or unusual request as motivation to go and find the perfect solution for the customer. You’ll answer customer questions, provide top-class advice, put together bespoke bathroom, kitchen and heating quotes, create plans and 3D designs, source obscure products, manage your own sales pipeline and build up your own trade customers that come back to you each and every time. There’s a lot to learn in this challenging yet rewarding role, so plenty of initial and ongoing training is offered to help you become an expert in your field.
This is absolutely not your standard phone-based sales job.
- You won’t have rigid scripts to fall back on. If you need a script to have a conversation with a customer, this definitely isn’t the role for you.
- You will be self-motivated, intelligent, a quick-thinker and a natural problem-solver. You think laterally about the underlying reason for what each customer is asking. You are constantly learning and looking to make sure you always have the best answer.
- You will keep track of your own pipeline. You are exceptionally well-organised, you create your own systems and processes to suit your way of working – if it works for you then it works for us.
- You will multi-task like a champ. 2 live chat conversations and a call on the phone at the same time? No problem.
- You will spot cross-sell and up-sell opportunities in your sleep. A new freestanding bath you say? Well I’ve got the perfect tap and waste kit for you too! And perhaps the specialist cleaning kit to keep it all looking at its best..?
- You will thrive on the challenge. Star-performers in this role don’t twiddle their thumbs. You want to learn and soak up as much know-how as you can because you recognise that for bigger ticket-purchases customers absolutely want to deal with someone that knows their stuff. And there’s lots of stuff to know. You want to be that someone who knows all of the stuff.
- You have a proven track record in sales / business development. You are a natural influencer.
- You are competitive. You need to do well at your job to enjoy it, and you want to be the best person on your team. Mediocrity is for other people.
- You are a natural people-person. People like you straight away. You don’t use cliché and jargon, and you adapt well to different types of customers. You naturally know the best way of influencing and assisting each type of person you come into contact with. But most of all, you listen.
- You are awesome at your job, but you definitely aren’t arrogant about it. You like to be the best, but you’re always happy to help others, and you recognise the importance of ‘team and togetherness’. You find satisfaction in knowing you’re awesome at your job, but you don’t need to constantly remind others about it.
- Money is a motivator for you, but you derive just as much motivation from wowing your customers and meeting their needs and expectations. You want to do the very best for your customers because to you there’s no point in doing a job unless you’re doing it to the very best of your ability.
- You have outstanding communication skills. You’re equally good at communicating on the phone as you are via email or live chat. Your written English is grammatically correct and you know the value of a well-written email in influencing a customer.
- Your IT skills are equally great. You pick up new systems quickly, and you are always looking at ways to work smarter. You suggest new things, and you challenge the accepted thinking wherever you go.
- Previous bathroom sales experience is a bonus, but a passion to learn every day is a necessity.
We offer a friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency. Our Sales & Design Consultants benefit from a competitive basic salary with OTE of £23 - £26k, time-and-a-half overtime, free healthy snacks and fresh fruit, team nights out, a generous pension scheme and a growing list of other perks including an in-house library, gym (coming in April/May), childcare vouchers, Cycle2Work scheme and more on the way.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960125599