Java Pricing Developer - IB
Java Developer urgently required by a leading Investment Bank - this is a unique 12-month contract role working on a leading centralised pricing system for a globally accredited Investment Bank, paying £600-675/day.
The Centralised Pricing system is comprised of Java server side, C# GUI and Sybase database. Ion Marketview is used for connectivity to inter broker markets. Despite being a complex system we have a fast turnaround, underpinned by a very strong development team. Our release lifecycle is a large number of small releases, with a lot of responsibility placed on the developers.
The Java developer will have:
- Solid understanding of the of vanilla Java programming, including multithreading, object orientation, TCP/IP sockets, distributed computing etc.
- Experience of low latency and high throughput software development in Java.
- Solid Java OO server-side (not EJB or Web) development.
- Experienced a structured environment such as software house or large team.
- Minimum 2:1 from major university in scientific subject, and minimum BBB A levels.
- Application development involving an understanding of the user domain, rather than just implementing technical solutions.
- Real-time systems.
- Financial Knowledge (in particular Fixed Income, Money Markets, Foreign Exchange)
- Risk and P&L Calculations
- Front office exposure
- Electronic Trading on D2D and D2C Markets
- Bloomberg Trading System
- Improving development practices for team as a whole
High calibre Java developers with strong multithreading, low latency and high throughput exposure, and the ability to thrive in a front office environment are urged to apply.
To find out more about Real, please visit us on www.realstaffing.co.uk