Product Development and Sealing
- To work with Designers and Buyers in the development of innovative, high quality garments which meet safety and legal requirements and customer's needs.
- To work with Full Service Suppliers and Global Sourcing Offices supplying technical information to support delivery of range.
- Work closely with Buying & Design where appropriate to produce technical information pack suitable for our Global Manufacturers to interpret.
- Review design specs and samples to risk assess the product, resolve issues on fit/grading and fabrications to ensure products are production viable.
- Support and monitor the sealing process with the overseas offices and with suppliers.
- Manage the technical sealing approval process through sample evaluation and development
- Liaise with Knowledge & Standards team to support requests from our Global partners including UK on factory visits and providing accurate product conformity documents including but not limited to test certificates and other regulatory documents.
Product Quality and Benchmarking
- Support the origination, accuracy and clarity of our Quality Manuals, policies & procedures.
- Ensure the delivery of product into stores is in line with the agreed product specification. Conduct spot quality checks on production in-store where necessary.
- Manage queries and issues from customer services, trading standards, legal and stores regarding returns and customer complaints
- Analysis of customer returns data to identify root cause of product returns and follow up with appropriate actions to improve product quality and reduce returns and customer dissatisfaction
- Regularly visit warehouse to review physical customer returned samples to understand nature of complaints
Research & Development
- Benchmark current and new product specifications against competition. Implement improvements through supply base
- Build knowledge of all relevant product standards
- Build knowledge of new manufacturing processes, materials and furniture technology
- Develop standardised technical specifications based on best practice
• To manage the development of market leading innovative and commercial product whilst delivering the legal, ethical, quality, environmental and safety strategies • To assist with the development, implementation and successful delivery of the Technical Strategy both in the UK and from a global perspective.
What we are looking for
• Experience of far east or European production • Knowledge of technical standards and testing • Background in retail or supply • Clear understanding of product development process from design to manufacture.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills, with an ability to influence when required. • Good analytical skills Easy to talk too & relates easily/well to a diverse set of people. • Attention to detail, proactive & uses initiative. • Reliable/flexible & follows through. • Work under pressure on a variety of tasks at once. • Work effectively in teams. • Demonstration of Mothercare DNA values
What’s in it for you? These are exciting times at the Mothercare Group – for our customers and for our people. Our business is transforming and you could be part of this change. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, on the job training and an opportunity for career progression for the right person.
For over 50 years, the Mothercare Group has been providing parents and parents-to-be with everything they need in one place, offering the best quality and most innovative products, from pregnancy to 8 years. It is a respected international brand with over 1200 stores in over 60 countries.
Mothercare cares. If you care, come and join us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126291