Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on-board. From space exploration and defence to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quieten it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defence products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
Business Unit: ISR & Space Systems
Located in Malvern, Worcestershire, the Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems UK Business Unit of United Technologies Aerospace Systems designs, builds and supports operational level Systems and Software for ISR data acquisition, management and exploitation in both the commercial and defence markets.
Purpose of the Role:
We’re offering the opportunity to expand your existing knowledge of C++, Python and Java.
We are seeing an enthusiastic and innovative individual who’s able to work with minimal requirements to produce a prototype solution, and then develop this to production quality, with experience in image and video processing, computer vision, neural networks and with strong maths skills. Experience of working in an Agile environment, web technologies and Continuous Delivery is desirable.
Essential Requirements / Personal Characteristics:
- High level of communication skills;
- Keen to develop system-wide knowledge;
- Ability to work well within a team;
- Eager to design, implement and test object orientated software on a Windows or Linux platform;
- Ability to analyse requirements and generate tests to ensure the requirements are met;
- Good problem solving and bug elimination skills;
- Self-starting and inquisitive – able to get to the root of problems and find innovative solutions;
- Quick to learn new technologies;
- Customer focused
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126006