Senior Data & Research Analyst
Senior Data & Research Analyst (Treatments)
Circa £31,500 + excellent benefits
Closing date: 4th March 2018
Interviews: 14th March 2018
Are you an experienced data analyst? Are you looking to develop your statistical analysis, decision-making, leadership and project management skills? Are you willing to play a vital part in upskilling the whole team?
We're looking for a driven and self-starting individual to...
- Develop their expertise in relation to the analysis and interpretation of cancer and health data
- Contribute to, and support Analysts in, the management, analysis and interpretation of cancer and health data
- Contribute to, and support Analysts in, resolving enquiries about cancer and health data accurately and in a timely manner.
A primary focus of this role will be to carry out and project manage quantitative analytical projects concerning the epidemiology of treatment of cancer. Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders and data providers
- Compiling comprehensive data requests and analysis protocols and ensuring appropriate data are received promptly
- Undertaking, and supporting Analysts with, the analysis and interpretation of data
- Offering support and training in statistical methods to other Analysts in the team as appropriate
- Communicating and reporting the results of statistical analyses to a variety of stakeholders; producing timely reports and clearly communicating complex information.
Statistics have never been more vital. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold in our work. Here in our Cancer Intelligence Team, we exploit our unique perspective to provide and communicate authoritative statistics and analysis, to inform, inspire and raise awareness of cancer and Cancer Research UK.
Now we need a Senior Data & Research Analyst with a focus on health data to bring subject-specific knowledge, decision-making and project management skills, and a willingness to support colleagues at all levels, so that we can continue to be one of the leading providers of cancer statistics in the UK. As a Senior Data & Research Analyst, you'll help us present high quality Cancer Intelligence to a wide audience, including commissioners, policy makers, health professionals and researchers.
You can help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured through your…
- Proven experience as a data analyst
- Degree or equivalent (or postgraduate degree) in a numerate, statistical or epidemiological field
- Relevant experience in analysing, presenting and disseminating data to a variety of audiences
- Sound knowledge of statistical methodology, and ideally of cancer and/or health statistics
- Competency in standard statistical software packages, such as STATA, SPSS or, ideally, R
- Keenness to develop specialist skills and knowledge and share that with colleagues, acting as a close support for your line manager and taking responsibility for managing and (where appropriate) signing off projects and outputs.
You'll possess strong analytical skills so that you are able to bring structure to complex problems, extract the key issues and present data in a clear and concise format. You'll also need good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise day-to-day tasks, meet urgent deadlines and work with a variety of staff and teams.