Account Manager, Corporate Membership
We’re Retail Week.
Retail Week is the leading authority on retailing in the UK, providing industry news, insightful analysis, comment and key data. We cover the entire UK retail sector, including, food, fashion, home and DIY, entertainment and general merchandise as well as e-tail, multi-channel, store interiors, finance, technology and property.
About the role
We're looking for an Account Manager to join our Corporate Membership team in London. As part of our Sales team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Driving renewal business development to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets.
- Maintain exceptional relationships with clients, especially main contacts and decision makers, by understanding their needs.
- Identifying market trends to grow incremental and new revenues.
- Deliver ‘world class’ customer service to our top customers.
- Work closely with the brand marketing teams to monitor product engagement and to proactively identify accounts to develop or are at risk.
- Attend regular events and network with senior representatives from target retailers to build relationships.
- Work cross functionally with other departments and stakeholders (marketing, editorial, advertising sales) to build relationships and further drive revenue
- Degree educated preferred
- Proven track record in sales, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, selling B2B solutions/products with account management and new business acquisition skills
- A passion for selling and a real skill for account growth
- Structured sales training essential
- Excellent telephone and face to face manner with some presentation skills
- Advanced verbal, written & interpersonal skills
- A love for selling
- Based in the UK (London preferred) with a consistent and relevant
- Excellent telephone and face to face manner (structured sales training essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at senior level
- High level of business acumen/ credibility face to face
- Resourceful and tenacious
- Ability to work on own initiative
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on our website.
Retail Week is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?