Corporate Communications Executive
In this role you will use your experience to help find the most effective and engaging ways to communicate with our people during a time of rapid change in our business and in the legal services industry globally. You will manage your own projects, as well as providing some administration and team support.
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you are able to quickly assimilate the key points of a piece of copy and turn it into hard-hitting accurate and concise communications. As well as having excellent writing skills, you will be an outgoing, effective communicator, confident in dealing with a range of people and personalities at all levels within a pressured, fast-paced environment. You will be a flexible team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, adept at persuasion and an ambassador for the firm’s strategic priorities. You will be comfortable with taking end-to-end responsibility for delivering communications. You should be able to demonstrate clarity of thinking, dedication and an ambition to succeed in communications that will make you an asset to the team from day one.
- Developing and implementing detailed, bespoke internal communications plans.
- Writing and editing content for internal campaigns and the intranet, plus other mediums as required.
- Assisting with the implementation of our EMEA internal engagement and communications strategy, and supporting global initiatives.
- Responding to internal communications enquiries and acting as an internal consultant to the business.
- Producing in-house surveys and other material.
- Maintaining appropriate internal communications policies and procedures to ensure consistency in our approach.
- Supporting the communications team and deputising for the Communications Manager, as appropriate.
- Working closely with the brand, creative and digital team to ensure a consistent approach to our internal brand and messaging.
- Ad hoc support for marketing communications activities (including social media management) as required.
Skills and experience required
- Degree level standard.
- Relevant experience in a communications team or similar, preferably within a corporate environment.
- Proven understanding of the role of internal communications in a large organisation.
- Practical knowledge and experience of applying internal communications methods.
- Ability to take responsibility for managing certain tasks end-to-end without being monitored.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating assertiveness, diplomacy and persuasiveness.
- Ability to take complex information and create clear, engaging copy relevant for the audience.
- Creativity and an innovative mindset, able to share ideas and suggestions.
- A self-starter with willingness to learn and develop.
- Relevant experience of working on an intranet or other online communications tool.
- SharePoint experience highly desirable.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Philippa Wilson via email (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE