Our digital channels, including our websites, email marketing, social media and blog, play a huge and critical role in connecting with our stakeholders.
This role works closely with Stonewall’s Head of Digital to ensure our four main websites and additional microsites are in line with our brand, our mission and priorities and are current, engaging and cutting-edge.
The post holder sits within the wider Communications Team, supporting the day-to-day work of the digital team, including web publishing, cross-organisational training, reporting and digital administration.
The Digital Officer is responsible for day-to-day publishing on the websites, working with Content Editors across the organisation to ensure best practice, support with fixing issues and bugs and providing key analysis and evaluation reports.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Working with the Head of Digital to project-manage the creation, scheduling and delivery of digital content across web, blogs, SEO and PPC channels making sure that Stonewall has engaging and professional content across campaigning, fundraising, awareness raising and income generation.
- Supporting the Head of Digital in the evaluation of digital activity to gather audience insight, set future KPIs and utilise insights to optimise future content and campaigns.
- Acting as the day-to-day publisher for the Stonewall websites, working with Content Editors from across the organisation to ensure project content, 'evergreen' content and reactive content is published in a timely fashion.
- Organising regular training and meetings with Content Editors, to develop them into 'Digital Champions' across the organisation and keep digital at the core of all project planning.
- Producing guidelines, templates and best practice resources, including wikis and videos, to ensure consistent, up-to-date and engaging content.
- Conducting a regular content review and audit across the main websites to ensure content stays fresh, on brand and optimised for user engagement, accessibility and digital best practice.
- Leading and co-ordinating project work required for our microsites with key internal and external stakeholders and agencies.
- Working with the Head of Digital to identify and report bugs, issues and improvements across the main websites to our partner digital agency, including user acceptance testing (UAT) and sign off.
- Working with colleagues in the communications team to ensure that user experience across digital – from sign-up onwards - is smooth and that content across websites, email and social works together effectively.
- Ensuring Stonewall is current in its use of digital media by staying up to date with technologies and trends; sharing this knowledge internally to support and enhance teams' digital communication efforts.
- Working with the Head of Digital to keep Stonewall’s intranet – The Wall – up to date, functioning, and well used by teams across Stonewall
General responsibilities and duties
- Conduct the duties of the job description in accordance with the operational policies of Stonewall, including but not limited to the diversity policy and code of conduct.
- Maintain good working relations with Trustees, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the general administration and delivery of all Stonewall’s programmes, events and overall objectives
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required
- This is an outline role description and may be subject to change in consultation with the post holder.
Digital Officer Person Specification
- Proven experience and understanding of using a Content Management System (Drupal preference) and other digital platforms.
- Proven track record of success developing digital content that improves performance across multiple channels.
- Proven track record of Google Analytics use and report-based recommendations (Google Tag Manager and Data Studio experience also welcomed).
- Excellent analytical skills and data-driven mind-set.
- Experience working closely with designer and broader communications team to develop and implement assets and content for digital channels.
- Experience of maintaining databases and general administrative duties.
- Excellent copy writing and proofing skills, with a high attention to detail and understanding of what makes engaging content for different audiences.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Stonewall.