Regional People Safety Manager
To support UK retail operational and leadership teams drive a robust and sustainable safety culture that helps to ensure that colleagues, customers and others affected by retail operations have a safe place to work and shop in.
This is a regional role covering the Midlands area
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
1. Being known as the 'go to' people safety expert by all retail teams in my region.
2. Supporting the UK Retail Safety Plan in my region to help identify and implement targeted improvement in order to reduce the risk of injury, harm and enforcement action.
3. Providing effective business support to help ensure compliance with legal, UK and Group safety requirements.
4. Representing the UK Retail People Safety Team in Store Director meetings to help drive the UK safety agenda.
5. Consulting with retail colleagues as part of the Store Forum process to implement innovative, practical and effective safety initiatives to help promote a positive safety culture at a local and national level.
6. Investigating and reporting on retail accidents and dangerous safety occurrences to understand underlying root cause(s) and to identify and support corrective actions at a local level to help prevent a recurrence.
7. Escalating investigative outcomes to the UK and Group People Safety Teams to enable a strategic policy review.
8. Liaising with local enforcement officers as required by UK and Group People Safety protocols.
9. Keeping an accurate record of all investigative work to allow for information sharing.
10. Following our business code of conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
Excellent planning & organising skills; able to priorities a busy workload between reactive & proactive work
- Self-motivated and capable of working remotely
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage and influence retail colleagues all levels across
- Communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written including writing reports and preparation of presentations
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent)
Additional qualifications (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent) desirable.
Commercial experience in retail or fast moving customer orientated business.
Experience of conducting accident investigations and production of accurate investigation reports.
Building strong cross functional relationships.