Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
Location: Meldreth, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border, SG8 6LG
Salary: Agenda for Pay Scale - Band 6
Hours: Fulltime 40 hours per week over 52 weeks of the year
Aurora is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special needs and disabilities.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse for Learning Disabilities to join Aurora Meldreth Manor School.
Meldreth Manor provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people who have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties resulting in complex learning needs.
The service, and the neighbouring Aurora Orchard Manor, are currently undergoing a multi-million-pound redevelopment that will completely modernise the living and learning environments.
As part of our next phase of development the team are looking for talented and dedicated people to join their team. The Meldreth Manor team have created a warm and friendly work environment, where new team members are made to feel comfortable and welcomed from day one.
Your role will focus on working in collaboration with care, education and multi-disciplinary teams to provide nursing and support to students, with the aim of promoting and maximising independence, good health and well-being there by giving a foundation to reach their full potential.
The school supports children aged 5-19 years of age with a range of needs resulting in severe and complex learning difficulties with Orchard Manor supporting young adults 19 years plus.
Many have associated complex health needs, including severe epilepsy, which you will be responsible for managing. Our aim is to empower individuals to grow, to maximise their full potential, promote good health and wellbeing and to help them achieve their goals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- To ensure practice is matched to policy in all aspects of health and social care provision.
- To implement Meldreth Manor’s health and safety and child or adult protection procedures, ensuring a safe environment for staff and students.
- To monitor and maintain appropriate and adequate supplies of medicines and both emergency and routine health care resources necessary to support students with their general health needs.
- To actively support and participate in the administration of medicine to students.
- To liaise with Managers to implement agreed standards of provision within the residential flats using national, Aurora and Meldreth Manor’s standards.
- To maintain records and prepare reports as required by the Care Management team and by statutory regulations and Aurora and Meldreth Manor’s policies and procedures.
- To support and participate in the effective running of the social care team within the residential flats across the 24 hours, including the dissemination and handover of information.
- A qualified nurse with experience of learning disabilities, or relevant general or paediatric experience.
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Career progression and further qualification training support
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- High street discounts
- Child care vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Up to 6.6 weeks paid holiday
How to Apply:
If you are interested, then click “Apply Online” below. For enquiries please call Aurora Meldreth Manor and Orchard Manor on 01763 268 000 or email.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.