Broadcasting from its headquarters in London, Alaraby Television Network has a broad range of programme content, varying from news to entertainment.
Although broadcasting from London; we have bureaus in the Middle East and worldwide.
The network aims to fulfil the Arab citizen's desire for content that engages them and capture the way they perceive themselves, their world and the future.
As well as a very competitive salary Alaraby Television Network also provides an excellent private medical and dental coverage, pension and annual leave.
- Undertake monitoring Control of the channel off air and escalation process with DTH providers
- Effectively receive and record Feeds (Live 2way / Tape feed) and Live Programs via Satellite, MPLS, CDN, Fibre, Q-links and 3G-4G cellular devises such as TVU.
- Controlling the quality of receiving Feeds as per our Quality standards.
- To closely monitor the receiving tape feeds and live programs.
- Minimize troubleshooting time to the minimum to avoid any failure or delay.
- To be up to date and familiar with all our MCR Systems/Equipment.
- To regularly use Data-miner in controlling and monitoring all MCR equipment and highlight if any alarm appears in critical devices.
- Pointing the steerable antenna to the required satellites and reduce the action time.
- To regularly add sources/maintain the monitoring system.
- Supervise & undertake monitoring Control of the channel off air and escalation process with DTH providers
- Coordinate effectively with operators in the field to support remote operations via satellite, fibre, and IP networks
- Reports clearly in the booking system all technical or operational issues observed during transmissions
- Train staff & organise the training of staff.
- Identify faults and take immediate preventative action to restore traffic
- Supervise the undertaking of routine testing, preventative and corrective maintenance of transmission systems and ancillary equipment
- Ensure the monitoring and adjustment of incoming video/audio according to the Alaraby Broadcasting Technical Standards
- Report technical issues to Handovers and Ticketing System.
- Attend Operations meetings.
- Point of contact for internal staff.
- Comprehensive, and detailed, understanding of a live 24 hour broadcast environment.
- In depth understanding of satellite communication technology including Downlink, Uplinks, L-band Matrix, IRD’s and spectrum Analysers
- In depth understanding of broadcasting standards including 3G-SDI, HDSDI 1080i, SDI, AES/EBU, MPEG, PAL 625, NTSC 525 and Relevant measurement tools
- In depth understanding of Video Compression
- In depth understanding of Broadcast media server workflows – Ingest - Transcoding • IP networks (TCP/IP, FTP, UDP, Streaming and Store and Forward)
- In depth understanding of Newsroom production systems and procedures
- Experience of leading a team, conducting appraisals.
- Fluent English speaker and able to communicate effectively verbally & in writing.
- Able to report technical issues through clear diagrams
- Commitment to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- To be able to translate user requirements into technical requirements and technical specifications.
- Able to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of, and supervise, a team.
- Deadline Driven.
- Calm under pressure & ability to make effective decisions.
- Have good, logical judgement, be approachable, & dependable.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Broadcast Engineering/Electronics/Communications Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 5 year’ experience in a 24 hour MCR environment.
Application Closing Date 08/03/2018