Electronics Service Technician & Deployment/Store Coordinator
Broadcasting from its headquarters in London, Alaraby Television Network has a broad range of programme content, varying from news to entertainment.
Although broadcasting from London; we have bureaus in the Middle East and worldwide.
The network aims to fulfil the Arab citizen's desire for content that engages them and capture the way they perceive themselves, their world and the future.
As well as a very competitive salary Alaraby Television Network also provides an excellent private medical and dental coverage, pension and annual leave.
As Deployment Store Coordinator, he/she is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of operations in terms of deployments and other shootings tasks.
As an Electronics Technician, he/she should provide practical support for the Broadcast/IT Engineering team. Must be able to solder very well, clean and fast on multiple wires. Main duties would be to visually inspect tools, equipment and devices; diagnostics and repair any problems found after inspection or troubleshooting. Debugging and rework are main role aspects.
He/she will be working on a shift basis.
As Deployment/Store coordinator:
- Maintain accurate records of bookings and updating the equipment list accordingly;
- Coordinating and securing successful delivery by monitoring and managing the equipment list for scheduled production and deployments during the booking process;
- Checking returned equipment and following up with missing items;
- Resolve & troubleshoot if any crisis occurs;
- Flag low performance or quality related to hired equipment;
- Maintaining the company equipment and prepare necessary kits for up and coming shoots ahead of time.
- Maintain inventory control and the disposal of surpluses;
- Monitor equipment stock levels and order replacements when needed;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the line manager.
As Electronics Service Technician:
- Soldering, tinning, tapping, board assembly and plastic housing assembly;
- Repair of equipment by module and/or component replacement;
- Electronic testing and listening to audio microphone products;
- Experience in Micro soldering repairs;
- In case some parts in a system need replacing, be able to request the exact spares needed;
- Cable management and troubleshooting power and data connections;
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals;
- Ability to work well alone as well as part of team;
- Skill in performing soldering rework, demonstrate ability to use solder rework stations (i.e. soldering Iron, hot air, de-soldering tools, etc.
- Experience using test and measurement equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, multimeter, spectrum analyzer, function generators, distortion analyzers);
- Understanding of electronic schematics and wiring diagrams;
- Keep up to date with advances in technology in this fast-changing area;
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Educated to a degree level, or has relevant industry experience;
- Solid fundamental understanding of electronic principles;
- Previous knowledge and experience of working within an activity department and have experience of the maintenance and management of activity equipment and bases.
Application Closing Date 08/03/2018