The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) received its Royal Charter in 1976. It is the professional body that exists to: ‘support the Science, Art and Practice of building services engineering, by providing our members and the public with first class information and education services and promoting the spirit of fellowship which guides our work.'
Recent staff and market changes have opened up an exciting opportunity to be part of a motivated and proactive team. We are reviewing, re-structuring and integrating the operation of the four existing streams of business:
- Face-to-face CPD Training Courses: scheduled training programme
- Face-to-face Energy Assessor Training (CIBSE’s Certification business): scheduled training programme
- In-House courses: business development across all corporate offerings
- E-Learning: CIBSE has a growing range of E-learning modules, and developing substantial UK and international sales
Reporting to the Group Training Manager, the administrator will play a pivotal role in supporting all the activities of CIBSE Service’s training team. The position supports two coordinators, who are responsible for the day to day operation of face to face and in-house activities. In addition; this role will work alongside the senior coordinator and Training Manager on the newly refreshed online learning platform. Supporting existing customers and the development of new modules. E-learning is a rapidly growing industry. CIBSE have ambitious aims to launch a new catalogue of courses which will blend and enhance the current face-to-face programme.
- Initial contact for telephone enquiries
- Meet and greet: registering delegates and supporting the trainer on the day of onsite courses
- Processing booking forms received via e-mail and telephone, administering the training mailboxes
- Emailing delegates’ joining instructions, general delegate communications and supporting documentation
- Deal with any transfers or delegate swaps, including from re-scheduled / cancelled courses
- Printing and collating course hand-outs for both open and In house courses. Liaising with the coordinators to ensure latest course notes are produced and dispatched accordingly
- Mail merge badges, registration forms, certificates for open and in house courses
- Updating and maintaining training room bookings internally
- Manage the ordering of catering for all onsite training courses
- Where appropriate assisting the coordinators with trainer, delegate and venue liaison regarding confirmed / re-scheduled or cancelled courses
- Ensuring training documentation for all off-site courses is couriered, delivered and received by the training venue
- Marking Exams, reporting and updating database, and advising delegates of results
- Creation of courses on the database and website. Ensuring through the year the website is kept updated with links, upcoming courses and general delegate information changes.
- Filing and scanning event documentation for registers, evaluation forms and exams
- General office support, ensuring stationary stocks are kept up to date for name badges, books and supporting documentation
The role may also involve attending on a voluntary basis internal CIBSE meetings with regards to internal initiatives e.g. being a sustainability champion and organising social events such as the Christmas party.
The training administrator will be an enthusiastic, well organised and focused individual, with good attention to detail and a positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
The post holder will have an ability to communicate effectively both in person and in writing and a willingness to engage fully with all activities in order to ensure that every aspect of the training schedule runs efficiently.
They will be highly customer focused, responding to queries quickly and accurately and managing expectations at all times. It is essential they are able to prioritise their own work load autonomously and use their own initiative, while still working as part of a team. CIBSE Training runs up to 4 training courses per week, so it is imperative that the training administrator enjoys meeting and greeting delegates, can remain calm under pressure while addressing the needs of both the delegates and other members of staff.
We are looking for an individual with a genuine interest in working within a training environment who can hit the ground running and who understands the process required for delivering high quality training courses.
At least 6 months training or events experience would be advantageous but not essential.