Key Stage 1 Lead Teacher (TLR post)
KS1 Phase Leader (TLR2)
Ark Castledown Primary Academy
Are you an experienced or aspiring middle leader looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference? Do you want to join a fast growing organisation with excellent opportunities for development and professional growth?
We are looking to recruit an excellent Primary Teacher, who will have a Teaching & Learning Responsibility for leading the KS1 phase. You will play a pivotal role in a committed team and make a real impact on the outcomes of our pupils. As a teacher at Ark Castledown you will be responsible for delivering outstanding teaching and learning to all pupils, helping them to achieve the best academic results they can. You will also act as a role model to pupils and strive to inspire a love of learning in all.
The post-holder will have a class teaching responsibility in Year 1 or 2 along with non-contact time for PPA and management responsibilities. The successful candidate will also receive a TLR2 in addition to their basic salary.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have experience of, or shown the potential for, leadership
- care passionately about children, their development and achievements
- be hard working and adaptable to change
- have vision, passion, commitment, flair and imagination
- be able to lead and develop strong and effective staff teams
- contribute to school wide tracking processes so that every pupil makes at least good progress
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is a popular school in the heart of Hastings. It is part of the Ark network of schools and works particularly closely with Ark Blacklands and Ark Little Ridge Primary Academies. As Hastings has recently been recognised as an ‘Opportunity Area’, the academy will be pivotal in ensuring our children get the best start in life, no matter what their background.
We strongly encourage you to visit the academy to meet us and find out more about this post. Please contact Mrs. C. Phillip on 01424 444046 or via email to arrange a visit.
The leadership team at Castledown and across the Hastings Primaries are approachable and always on hand to provide help where needed, we have ensured there is a collaborative infrastructure throughout the school and this instils a strong sense of team spirit.
As a leader at Ark Castledown, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country.
We work hard to recognise hard work
- We strive to recognise your achievements and celebrate your success.
- You will have access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme.
- We take CPD seriously, which is why we offer twice as many training days as standard.
- We provide an array of development programmes for our staff, including our middle and senior leader programmes, supplying you with the training and support you need to progress throughout your career.
Click here to find out more about the benefits of working for Ark Castledown Primary Academy.
Visit our website for more information about our school.
Please submit your application online by visiting our website via the button below. The deadline for applications is midday on 5th March 2018.
Closing date: Monday 5th March 2018
Interviews: Monday 12th March 2018
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.