Primary Teacher (EYFS/KS1)
Job Description: Primary Teacher (EYFS, KS1)
Reporting to: Primary Headteacher
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Ark MPS (Inner London): £29,377 - £39,982 dependent on experience
Disclosure Level: Enhanced
To deliver outstanding teaching and learning and therefore help students achieve excellent academic results, and be a role-model/impact the academy more widely.
To design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children to appreciate the range of subjects and their application.
- To plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and students make superior progress
- To provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps students to develop as learners
- To help to maintain discipline across the whole academy
- To contribute to the effective working of the academy.
Outcomes and Activities
Teaching and Learning
- Enrich the curriculum with trips and visits to enhance the learning experience of all students
- With direction from the headteacher and within the context of the academies curriculum and schemes of work, plan and prepare effective teaching modules and lessons
- Teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment
- Use regular assessments to set targets for students, monitor student progress and respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring
- To produce/contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of pupils
- Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results and evaluate those results to make improvements in student achievement
- Ensure that all students achieve at least at chronological age level or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving at chronological age level
- Maintain regular and productive communication with pupils, parents and carers, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications
- Provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils
- Direct and supervise support staff assigned to lessons and when required participate in related recruitment and selection activities
- Implement and adhere to the academies behaviour management policy, ensuring the health and well-being of pupils is maintained at all times
- Participate in preparing pupils for external examinations.
- Support the academies values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures
- Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
- Help develop a culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
- To be active in issues of student welfare and support
- Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professional in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required.
- Undertake , and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development
- Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the line manager or headteacher.