Senior Pricing Analyst
As an energy supplier with a unique 200 year heritage British Gas is one of the best known names in the UK energy market. British Gas Business provides approximately 700,000 business customers with a modern way to buy, use and generate energy and to help facilitate our growth we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our team.
- Location: Leicester
- Permanent; Full time
The SME Pricing team performs a key role in helping deliver strong margin performance through delivery of market leading pricing.
As a SME Senior Pricing Analyst you will manage 3 staff and provide crucial support by monitoring commercial performance and providing the reporting to support the creation of price change recommendations. A key part of this role will also be to work with stakeholders across the business, building pricing strategies and solutions that ensure British Gas Business creates a competitive advantage. In addition, your day to day duties will include:
- Manage a team of 3
- Support the development of the SME Energy pricing; partnering with sales teams to make sure products and pricing solutions are in line with customer needs and business requirements
- Routinely review, own and manage the profitability of products and promotions within SME Energy
- Manage analytical models to develop the understanding of the impacts that price changes and differing pricing structures have on customer behaviour and P&L performance
- Feed pricing & promotion considerations into the financial forecasting process
- Work in cross functional, and often virtual, teams to deliver new products and pricing structures
- Build effective relationships with key business partners, working closely with other Commercial and Sales teams to develop & implement price or promotion changes
- Ensuring products and promotions are rolled out with the appropriate controls, and that training and reporting is in place to ensure we are able to closely monitor the performance
You will be passionate about using customer insight to identify commercial opportunities through pricing and have a numerical background, via qualification or experience. In addition you will:
- Hold advanced Excel & Powerpoint skills
- Experience of SQL is preferable but not essential
- Energy industry background would be helpful
- Be a clear and confident communicator
- Analytical, with both an eye for detail, as well as the ability to see key trends
- Commercially astute with an understanding of how their recommendations will impact the wider business
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email typing ‘Update required: Senior Pricing Analyst R9926671’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79958231