Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Part of the Ed-UK Technology Group, the Ed-UK Business Partner Group is responsible for training and support for all of the Education Division’s systems, as well as the creation and maintenance of core title data which controls and drives myriad business processes and communications.
About the Role
We are in need of a Data Assistant to help with data input and management, and to support the rest of the team.
Reporting to the Ed-UK Data Manager, the core areas of the role include but are not limited to:
- Creation and maintenance of core data in an efficient and timely manner on several of our key systems, SAP, STAR, ABC and SPIRIT. This includes running reports for both housekeeping and data mining purposes
- Liaising with other departments to answer data and system queries and ensuring that training material is up-to-date
- Providing administrative and system support to the Business Partner Group
- Work with all internal customers to identify areas of improvement in the working practices and processes relating to core systems data (e.g. standardisation of data, internal communication processes)
- Analysis of problems and data to enhance and improve the quality of information provided to internal and external customers
- Have strong systems understanding to include excellent MS Office, particularly Excel
- Be numerate and analytical
- Be well-organised with the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload, including multiple tasks and deadlines
- Be accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Have the ability to confidently communicate at all levels of the business
- Show initiative in improving business process and working practice
Ideally you will also have:
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of the publishing industry
- Experience of working with large volumes of data
- Training skills