Backend developer (Ruby)
BE: Ruby, Sinatra, MongoDB, Resque, RSpec, Heroku, AWS, Cloudinary
(FE: Backbone, Webpack, D3, Lodash, ES6/7, Cypress)
What you'll be working on
We believe that creating an inclusive, engaging and fulfilling workplace leads to happier employees and more productive companies. Our customers share this vision and through consultation and use of our app we help them deliver it. Our app allows employees to highlight great things their colleagues do, put forward ideas for workplace improvements and get rewards.
We have an exciting roadmap for 2018 with lots of new features and enhancements. You'll be joining a small and agile team, regularly shipping code that gets used by thousands of people every week. While there will definitely be maintenance and BAU work, there's plenty of opportunity for greenfield development and defining how things should work.
You're an experienced developer who gets excited by solving real problems. You're happy working by yourself at times but also like working collaboratively with design and UX people, helping to define how new features should work. It would be great if you have experience in, or are keen to learn the following things:
- Solving scalability and performance problems in a growing service
- REST API design
- Working with complex data in NoSQL databases
- Taking a test driven approach to development
- Working in small agile teams and contributing to the whole product process
- Dev-ops things such as choosing and configuring AWS services, CI servers, deployment processes etc.
- Building data analytics tools
Backend developer (Ruby) wanted to join a small but growing startup with investor funding and real customers, dedicated to making other peoples jobs suck less.
- Based in WeWork Old St (lots of great lunch options, free events, good coffee and beer)
- Competitive salary (£50-70k)
- Share options
- Build new features (not just fix somebody else's bugs from two years ago)
- Be a key member of an exciting company that's growing
- Pension, bike to work scheme, team lunches every week, your choice of laptop, conference and training budget, your very own pot plant for your desk!