Part Time Legal Secretary - Manchester City Centre - Immediate Start
My growing Legal Client based in the Deansgate area of Manchester now seek a Part Time Legal Secretary to join their friendly team.
To provide secretarial support to one of the female Solicitors:
- ability to work on own initiative
- ability to work as part of a team
- produce high quality work
- flexible, can do approach
- attention to detail
- organised with time and documents
- excellent typing skills and IT skills
- discretion and professionalism
- maintaining confidentiality at all times
- effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- extensive knowledge of legal terminology.
- able to communicate clearly with both clients and senior managers.
- excellent copy, digital dictation and audio typing ability.
- production of letters and legal documents such as contracts, leases working from notes and digital dictation
- answering telephone calls in a professional manner
- dealing with enquiries from clients via email, fax and letter
- using a diary management system and making appointments
- working with case management software, Oyez and drafting legal documents
- being proficient with the Land Registry Portal and drafting of Land Registry forms and uploading applications for registration to the Land Registry
- Preparation and filing SDLT at HMRC.
- Preparation and filing applications online with HMLR (AP1 Forms)
- Undertaking searches.
- dealing with fee processes and billing
- posting and receipting funds and completing forms for transfers of funds
- delivering and collecting documents
- copying, scanning and faxing, including preparation of large files
- filing and other general administration work.
Hours of Work
Monday - 9am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch (7.5 hours)
Tuesday - 9am to 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch (7.5 hours)
Wednesday - 9am to 12.30pm (3.5 hours)
The Monday is a necessity, however we would be flexible on the Tuesday/Wednesday hours to accommodate shorter/longer day.
The rate of pay for this position would be £10.35 per hour (this is non-negotiable), looking for a start date of Monday 26th February with one day of settling in the week before.
Please apply to Liz at TSR Legal to arrange an interview which will run from Wednesday 7th February to Friday 9th February between the hours of 11am and 2pm.